Studio Scale A wing, finished at last!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ID help Studio Scale Probe Droid / A wing

Bro, killer job man, but, its not Lang on the underside, its Kampfwagen buddy :)

lee

Thanks bro !

Well we were both wrong :lol, I found the correct kit :

awing8.jpg

It's from the Möbelwagen, the holes on the portside part are not matching the panzer IV while the Möbelwagen holes are a good match.
AFAIK (correct me if Im wrong), the Panzer IV was not use in any of the Star Wars models !

Bro, thats a great save :lol Never have really looked at the Mobel, great eye!

lee

Right on bro, good thing were here giving this kind of info to the masses, and the Japanese boards too :lol

lee

In case anyone wants to know the decals come from the Airfix 1/24 Harrier.

Cool J, i can see some of the parts you used now, very nice, and it is cool to see the cross over of donors sometimes, like they just new "this kit is the bomb" lol, great minds in those model shops i guess, well way better than my imagination anyhoo :lol

lee

Cheers Jason, thats a wicked find. I take it there is both in one Kit? Do you have any scans of this kit?

You guys are good!!!!
Now if you can send me money to get the parts........
your the best!!!:lol:thumbsup

Lol Mike, you're lucky those all are cheap kits, you can get them all for less than $100 ! (except the C-600 :p)

Bro check my numbers on these, its all kinda from memory, and im still rusty.
Im sure im wrong on the wheel rim, cant tell without dragging out the kit, but the others i think seem right, if the Vosper IS used thats a bummer as i think they got pretty spendy?
Big thanks to Flint, for sharing his pics too :thumbsup

lee
awing5.jpg

awing6.jpg

Hmm, hoses at the back of this thing, im leaning to bendable drinking straws?
awing4.jpg

OK, bit of an odd one, cant seem to find a hinge detail as a standalone part, but, the rear fin hinges, look spot on to what are used on the 8rad flaps......is it possible ILM actually went to the trouble of trimming these from the flaps :lol Maybe im not looking hard enough :lol

Oh and vectral mounts, these are Gepard buddy, same part used on the rear upper hull, so youll need multiples of this kit if your not casting!

lee
KG_TOROMODELS_A-WING_STUDIO_MODE-2.jpg

Hmm, hoses at the back of this thing, im leaning to bendable drinking straws?
awing4.jpg

Ya lee I was thinking the same, because the top one is
longer than the bottom at least it looks that way!:lol Makes sense cut to fit
right?:lol

The 3x2 vents/louvres just under the drinking straw match the Airfix Meat Wagon vents Martin Bower cited as used on the 2001 Moonbus!

They come in single rows of four in the kit.

The 3x2 vents/louvres just under the drinking straw match the Airfix Meat Wagon vents Martin Bower cited as used on the 2001 Moonbus!

They come in single rows of four in the kit.

That looks to be an ace find, thanks so much JD1 & at least its a cheap kit :thumbsup

In case anyone wants to know the decals come from the Airfix 1/24 Harrier.

I only sussed this out after wasting some on my Snowspeeder. If any one has a set they'd like to part with I'd be willing to buy em a beer or 2/3/4 :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back