Studio Scale A wing, finished at last!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Cowen

Sr Member
Looking to ID parts for my next SS Probe droid, Im getting better at this & found the Quad, 25 pdr & some more Karl parts tonight but I'm stuck on these

111.jpg

222.jpg

Anybody got a clue?

Last edited:
Re: ID help Probe Droid

The top one is half of an air cleaner part that goes under the rear hull of a sherman tank. I don't know which kit it would be though.

At least it has all the visual cues of one...

The top one is from Tamiya 1/35 M3 Grant, part #A6.
Might be on the Lee as well but I'm not sure.

The bottom pic is the grenade launchers from the Tamiya 1/35 Sheridan kit.

Brian

Brilliant , any idea how many is in the kit? Thanks.

Any idea's on this?
Awingpart.jpg

Last edited:
Re: ID help Studio Scale Probe Droid / A wing

Tamiya Lang rings a bell Guy, but i dont think its 100%, hmm id say German armor for sure, but, ive been wrong before lol.

Confirmed kills on this prop.

Tamiya 312t Ferrari
Tamiya M16
Tamiya 88mm
Tamiya Churchill
Hasegawa Morser Karl
Tamiya Gepard

Im pretty sure there are some Leopold parts on the underside and 8rad in the rear bulkhead too.

bests.......lee

Ah, not Lang, but Kampfwagen buddy, thats the plete part anyhoo!

lee

Sorry J, i was talking A wing :lol, but yeah Roco G in the underskirt of the PD, this lil' model is used lots on the Transport too!

lee

LOL.. I'm gonna chalk this up to severe jetlag, and slowly back out of the room ;)

Add the Roco Gepard to the Probey list too.

http://www.roco.com/products/Roco/67763.aspx

Funny you post this pic Jason ! I was looking at the part we're missing on the rear of the TESB AT-ST leg and now that I see this pic, it looks like the part could be from the truck on which is the Gepard ? With the detail sanding down... Or similar part (or maybe the back of the part, I dunno ! :p). What do you think about that ?

Cheers Lee. Jason, I hope you managed to avoid earthquakes whilst you were out in Japan, I had 2 of the buggers this years. I usually find getting extremely drunk helps the old jet lag, and is good fun at the same time?

Last edited:

LOL.. I'm gonna chalk this up to severe jetlag, and slowly back out of the room ;)

Not a chance buddy, your in now hehe. Hope the heads clearing up now J, and your getting your lefts and rights sorted lol.

Julien, i see what you mean, interesting point buddy, could well be a form of loco chassis rail?

lee

Guy here are a two parts off the Morser
100_1856.jpg

Bottom hull part.
100_1857.jpg

This is a part Alan and I found it's the bottom
ramp on the lower hull. Ask Lee about the kit
all I know is it's from a city delivery truck!!:lol
It's used on the slave I think as well? I remember
seeing the part when those guys were hunting down stuff,
so I asked Alan to check it for me....sure enough!:thumbsup
100_1853.jpg

Its a C600 Michael :lol and yep, that was one killer find. Ive got a couple, that will NEVER see the panel sidings used, so i told Guy when he comes over to snap one off me, ya'll know i suck at mailing :lol

Ive made a few nice (only little) finds in the cockpit too Michael, so ill try photoshop those for you guys and shoot them over for when you guys get back to these monsters!

lee

Forgive the crudeness of these guys, not long been in from work so thought id put a few possibles down as well as confirmed.
Hope this helps, so Guy, add the Tamiya Brabham BT46 and 88mm Gunflak to your list and ill try confirm some of the others when i get some of my kits out of mothballs lol.

lee
KG_TOROMODELS_A-WING_STUDIO_MODEL-0.jpg

KG_TOROMODELS_A-WING_STUDIO_MODE-1.jpg

Oh BTW, thanks to Cesar for supplying and taking these wonderful pics, and thanks to Kurt for publishing them, there awesome!

lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back