M-31 Firefox, scale plane replica

thanks gang...she's looking awesome now...see I always said the Firefox was a good looking plane....just the GK companies didnt have the reference to get it looking like it should.. This is a Mig 31 as it should be :)
Will

Mig interest, no particular order

1. Falcondesigns-Alexander
2. mbmcfarland-Mike
3. BrianM-Brian M
4. KarlBud420-Bruce
5. JediG60racer-Brendan
6. tardis55-Mark
7. kevoris-Bill
8. LZeitgeist-Smile lol?? -2
9. szarchie-Archie
10. Darth Clayton-Jeff
11. GELForever-Martin
12. autoprops713-Dave????
13. RKW-??
14. Hacksaw-??
15. Dobber- Chris
16. Hed-??
17. Jon Kunatz
18. Silvascoob-?
19. Hermes Trismegistus
20. DirkJello- Jeff
21. Hirgon
22. Keith

Update.
masks are removed for the canopy, air brakes, and leading edges.. she's ready for first molds...ohh boy.
Best,
Will

mstr29d.jpg

mstr30d.jpg

mstr31d.jpg

Will -
Those latest pics are fever pitch exciting...
Would now be a prudent time to give maybe an estimate of kit/buildup prices in some advance so those who are saving for this (like me, for example :) ) have an idea of schedule and cost?

Even a speculative figure will do for now.

Cheers.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GELForever @ Mar 19 2007, 06:56 AM) [snapback]1443253[/snapback]</div>
Will -
Those latest pics are fever pitch exciting...
Would now be a prudent time to give maybe an estimate of kit/buildup prices in some advance so those who are saving for this (like me, for example :) ) have an idea of schedule and cost?

Even a speculative figure will do for now.

Cheers.
[/b]

For that matter, why not Take some advanced orders (at a discount) and let us fund your RTV? :D

Hi gang, sorry I haven't been more active,I just reached one of the great milestones in life no one wants to deal with..My Dad passed away this past monday, the 2nd.I'm in a bit of a slump. I was fortunate enough to have a close relationship with him, so this hurts alot. I going to try and concentrate on the projects at hand including this one to take my mind off it. anyway here's some pics of the me holding the master to give you an idea of her overall length.
Best,
Will
Ps. don't judge me holding the master..lol, as to how I feel, I'd been working at the shop for about 36 hours straight on this and other things

primer1.jpg

primer2.jpg

primer3.jpg

primer4.jpg

primer5.jpg

primer6.jpg

primer11.jpg

primer10.jpg

primer9.jpg

Updated list

Mig interest, no particular order

1. Falcondesigns-Alexander
2. mbmcfarland-Mike
3. BrianM-Brian M
4. KarlBud420-Bruce
5. JediG60racer-Brendan
6. tardis55-Mark
7. kevoris-Bill
8. LZeitgeist-Smile lol?? -2
9. szarchie-Archie
10. Darth Clayton-Jeff
11. GELForever-Martin
12. autoprops713-Dave
13. RKW-??
14. Hacksaw-??
15. Dobber- Chris
16. Hed-??
17. Jon Kunatz
18. Silvascoob-?
19. Hermes Trismegistus
20. DirkJello- Jeff
21. H1rg0n- James
22. Keith
23. Goose814- Gus
24. imaginager- Allan
25. swfan-Isel

Last edited:
Will, the Fox is looking Great.

Very sorry to hear about your Fathers Passing, I know how it feals, my dad died this past March 4, he was only 56. It truely , truely sucks. Then a week later I find out I'm going to have another kid, talk about an emotional rollercoaster.

Sorry for going off topic, GREAT WORK as always. Hang in there brother.

Chris

Sorry for your loss Will :(

It's one of those things we know has to happen sooner or later but you're never ready when it does.

Firefox is still looking impressive :thumbsup

Hi gang!
Thanks all for the suport during this rough time for me. I'm delving back into my projects again. With that said, back to the Firefox masters. After sanding down the vinyl masks on the fuselage and windscreen(canopy), I removed them to leave the recessed areas for the photo etched detail. I also took a few pics to show how she looks....and I've ordered the RTV for molding! As it's part of the build process, I'll document with photos the molding/casting progress as well. On to the pics then!

Will

Prmr1.jpg

Prmr2.jpg

Prmr3.jpg

Prmr4.jpg
< pointing out sanded masking
Prmr5.jpg
< pointing out masks that you must sand down to release edge for the tape trick to work properly
Prmr6.jpg

Prmr7.jpg

Prmr8.jpg

Prmr9.jpg
< sanded down windscreen
Prmr10.jpg
< removing vinyl masks
Prmr11.jpg
< using masking tape to remove left over adhesive residue
Prmr12.jpg
< final result for airbrake recesses
Prmr13.jpg
< all masks removed on top of fuselage
Prmr14.jpg

Prmr15.jpg

Prmr16.jpg

Prmr17.jpg
< mask removed on bottom as well for photo etched detail
Prmr18.jpg
< photo etched detail shown here
Prmr19.jpg

Prmr20.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back