First Pics of Captain American, and Emma Frost from X-Men: First Class

It could possibly be scenes from the current time period, rather than WW!!. Cap rides a retro Harley in the comic also. That would explain the other motorcycles and the modern pieces of the suit.

I also think the suit's just baggy because of protective gear. Could be a lot worse.

edit: Having said that, I haven't kept up with the story line of the movie.

Last edited:
That stunt suit may look baggy when you're going fast on a motorcycle lol. I'm on the fence with Cap America as its one of those people will love or hate with no middle ground. I wasn't sold on the new Xmen at first but its sounding like it may be pretty good though I want to see if the Shadowking is what puts him in the wheelchair in this version or not.

I can picture someone doing a 1/6 custom bike of this already as I'm sure there will be a 1/6th figure of this guy...

-gi+joe+harley+davidson

100_3283.jpg

article00b18d2a6000005d.jpg

Lynn

Well you do know that stunt guys need baggy costumes to move around so that may explain that situation but as far as the pinstripes???? WWII Cap didn't have pinstripes!

Also how do they explain the "round" shield vs. the shield shaped shield....? Especially since S.H.I.E.L.D and Stark Industries had something to do with the construction of said round shield.....?

Parts of the costume I like, but other parts (i.e. the dirk bike "armor" on his shoulders and stomach area), not so much.

Concerning the pants, I *think* these are simply blue-colored HBT (herringbone twill) material pants that were widely used by both the infantry and Marines in WWII. If so, it's a simple, but authentic-period touch to the uniform, IMO.

While the rubber ears do bug me... am I the only one that doesn't hate the Salinger film? :lol I mean it's not GREAT by any stretch of the imagination but I kinda enjoyed the simple naivete of it... except for those stupid rubber ears at least. It wasn't as bad as the Corman FF movie or the Justice League tv pilot that is.

The earlier one with the clear shield and motorcycle helmet was pretty horrible for me but I'd be curious to watch it again just for the heck of it.

The central focus of the film is the friendship between Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) and Eric Lensherr (Michael Fassbender) and how it falls apart. Xavier will not be depicted as bald or in a wheelchair for the majority of the film, though we will learn what cripples him.

I want to see if the Shadowking is what puts him in the wheelchair in this version or not.

But... He could walk when he meet Jean Grey as a child? (x men 3) and i don't think that was set in the 60s?

Yeah, I think they just tossed the Cap shield into Iron Man to tease the fans. I'm sure they will probably backtrack and figure out some explanation for it being in Stark's lab.

Well seeing that Cap was frozen from the end of WWII to (prolly) shortly after the end of IM2, it might make sense that the (hypothetic) creator of the shield's son might have a copy of the shield or have a prototype of a new one.

I'm a big Captain America Fan, but I'm going to wait and see on this Movie, it could be good or really Crappy!

I am really curious to see how the Red Skull looks for the Movie!

Is it just me... or does this resemble Chris Evans in the side View pic?
article00b18d2a6000005d.jpg

I am really curious to see how the Red Skull looks for the Movie!

Yeah. I hope he looks amazing, because with today's prosthetics and make up techniques, there shouldn't be any reason he would look bad.

But then again... The Thing's face in the FF movies looked like crap >_<

How should they approach the Red Skull makeup?

Physical Makeup or CG or a combination?

Lips or no lips?

Red_Skull_Bust.jpg

redskull003.jpg

3223515841_0bd845e267.jpg

frEl.jpg

I say with lips. Talking skulls always look like magic puppets when speaking. Too many words need lips in order to be pronounced correctly.

I would like to see an approach similar to the Skull makeup from the live action He-man movie-

skeletor.jpg

vlcsnap-7956012.png

skeletor.png

Maybe that combined with the techniques from the Voldemort and Two Face makeup to remove the actor's nose and give the cheeks dimensionality.

voldemort_nose.jpg

Two_Face_6711.jpg

Could be cool.

Nick

Last edited:
I read an interview with the guy doing the Red Skull Prosthetics & I think it should be very cool, the guy's work is top notch so it will look like this:
skeletor.jpg

But MORE horrific, think of a cross between this and the New Freddy Krueger...

I'm sure when it gets closer to completion of the Movie we will all get a sneak peek!

I do hope Weaving will be covered more fully; he was fantastic as V, and can really rock a motionless mask. I think that really adds to the element of the character. I'm not sure how I feel about the Red Skull having lips and all.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back