Studio Scale Snowspeeder

Wow that's a high bar you have set, IMHO. Yours is truly just a fantastic build all around. That looks museum-quality from the pics. It would look awesome with some blue/green-screen morphed shots.

Just got mine. It looks like it is going to be a wonderful kit to build.

Thanks.

Here's the finished pics with the base.

tf_spdr_f1.jpg

tf_spdr_f2.jpg

Enjoyed watching this one, Richard. Was comparing your paintup to the filming model and I don't think you could have done better. Anyway, this deserves to be nearer the top of the forum!

Yeah.....i keep looking at mine and thinking...damn, i can top that...NOT :lol.
Its been cool conversing with Rich in PM Allan on this kit, been pretty nice in general as it rekindles the old days, when we just sat and ID'd parts for the hell of it lol.........too bad im a stress case huh LOL.

Meant to ask you Rich, im in the process of juggling all the cockpit parts, seeing as ive kinda built mine outta sync with Nicks plan lol, i have a bit of a tight fit, itll work out fine, but wow, really makes things tricky having the airbrake boxes fitted lol.

Hopefully have the new canopy ready this weekend, and maybe have the fake alloy block armature ready....had a setback int he fact my drillpress went pop...bummer!

lee

Rel,

Would you mind sharing the paint colors you used, it's perfect!!! Is the main color Camouflage Grey from Model Master?

Main fuselage color ?
Dark grey panels ?
Light grey panels ?

GFollano

Last edited:
Yeah, what Gerrardo said Rich, im leaning toward what you have used, im just a bit wary on using enamels, still up in the air how to paint this one, spray bomb the hull......or, do a custom Tamiya mix for the brush with sky grey and white......hmmm.

lee

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back