Revell AT-AT kit, scale? 1/72 right?

Rhett J Martin

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've started into this kit lightly, scarping the raised panel lines and whatnot, but I'm curious, this thing is 1/72 scale yes? Seems to match up most of teh measurments online, etc.
Any quick thoughts?

Yeah, and we know the internet is always right...

I do not know the Revell kit you are referring to, but the Imperial walker is supposed to be about 75 ft. (~23 m) high in "real life".

I remember reading a few disussions of the height, but Id consider it 1/72 (ish). I dont like the 15.5 m numbers.

Will you make more mods? Heard theres more correct parts kits coming soon. Check with member Darth Daniel. Even the Julien head (that sounded strange) is rumored to be available soon. :D

I should have been a bit more specific . .sorry 'bout that.

This is the newest 'Easy Kit ' that is out, and in hunting for a few more references, I stumbled across the SM reveiw of the kit, that lists it as 1/72ish. So. I'm in the neighboorhood , which is good. With the 75 foot tall measurement, it converts nicely.

While the detail on these newer kits leaves a bit to be desired, it does apper they're trying to keep them in 'real scales' which is very cool.

Thansk for all the fast responses, etc. Love this place!!!

I should have been a bit more specific . .sorry 'bout that.

This is the newest 'Easy Kit ' that is out, and in hunting for a few more references, I stumbled across the SM reveiw of the kit, that lists it as 1/72ish. So. I'm in the neighboorhood , which is good. With the 75 foot tall measurement, it converts nicely.

While the detail on these newer kits leaves a bit to be desired, it does apper they're trying to keep them in 'real scales' which is very cool.

Thansk for all the fast responses, etc. Love this place!!!

Actually Fine Molds are the producer keeping them in scales (and their detailing is really good). Revell's models are all over the place in scales. I think the AT-AT is the only Revell kit being 1/72.

Anyway have fun with the AT-AT! :thumbsup

Yeah it is, Im glad it inspired you! :thumbsup

atat1liten.jpg

I would have done much different today, but it was fun and I will keep it as it is. There are some really awesome reworks of that kit if you look around.

PM me if you have questions, and Ill do my best to help you out.

The simple answer to the AT-AT size is that there will never be a right answer because it changes so much during the movies!

The only thing I think you can do is choose a size that feels right for how YOU perceive it in the movies.

Personally I like mine big, so you can fly a snowspeeder through it legs, but that means the shot where it crushes the snowspeeder is way off!!!!

I think the revel kit is a pretty good size (the best easily available at the moment) to represent 1/72.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back