Gary Kurtz on George Lucas

The discussed ending of the film that Kurtz favored presented the rebel forces in tatters, Leia grappling with her new duties as queen and Luke walking off alone “like Clint Eastwood in the spaghetti westerns,” as Kurtz put it.

Man, so sad that this didn't happen.

Great article. I would have loved to see his treatment of Jedi. Who knows, the way things are going someday someone may just reboot this and make it better.

While the information is great, the article is poorly written; but I wouldn't expect anything less from a blog.

Still, imagine if Revenge of the Jedi had finished like that... would've been awesome.

“Star Wars” opened with a title sequence that announced it as “Episode IV” as a winking nod to the old serials, not a film franchise underway, Kurtz said."

That's complete bull****! The original release just said STAR WARS.

While the information is great, the article is poorly written; but I wouldn't expect anything less from a blog.

Still, imagine if Revenge of the Jedi had finished like that... would've been awesome.

God, I would have LOVED to see that version of Jedi.... :cry

I think you mean didn't and yes it did; STAR WARS that was it. Of course I'm sure you know this and are just screwing with us, lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_opening_crawl

When originally released in 1977, the first film was simply titled Star Wars, as the studio (20th Century Fox) forbade Lucas to use a subtitle because it could be confusing, since there had been no other Star Wars movies prior to 1977. [1][4]In addition, it was not certain if the film would be followed with a sequel. Following the release of Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back in 1980, the film was re-released in 1981 with the subtitle "Episode IV: A NEW HOPE" to match its sequel's crawl. The original version, without the subtitle, was not released again until the 2006 limited edition DVDs.

Well damn. I could have sworn watching this as a child that I remembered thinking..."There were other episodes".:lol

I stand corrected:thumbsup

You probably just read somewhere that Uncle George had more coming, is all. It's kinda like everyone who remembers the shark jumping out of the water to attack the chopper in JAWS 2.

Don't trust IMDb, either.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back