My tenth Doctor costume

Risu

Master Member
A couple days ago I got my Tennant overcoat from Steve Ricks and I felt compelled to go out and take some pictures. Sorry if they're a little large, if it's a big deal I'll make them smaller.

WhoShoot1.jpg

WhoShoot2.jpg

WhoShoot3.jpg

WhoShoot4.jpg

WhoShoot5.jpg

WhoShoot6.jpg

WhoShoot7.jpg

Very very cool! I've only recently gotten introduced to Dr. Who, but David Tennant's Doctor is by far my favorite of the ones I've seen, and you did a great job with the costume. Kudos!

Yea, it's the deluxe. I was really hoping I'd get a good shot of the liner material, but the only one where the wind caught it just right I was making a ridiculous face. Once my Fireplace tie comes in hopefully next month I'll be going to the Getty museum in LA and doing another shoot.

The funny thing about this coat is that when I pick it up it's heavier than my old one that I made myself, but it feels much lighter when I wear it. I live in SoCal and it was pretty warm when I took these pictures, but it wasn't uncomfortable to wear the whole costume.

Looks great Risu! What's the difference between the deluxe and standard coats?

I think the only difference is the liner material, but I can't remember for sure. The standard has plain blue satin and the deluxe has striped. It's one of my favorite things about the coat actually.

I think the only difference is the liner material, but I can't remember for sure. The standard has plain blue satin and the deluxe has striped. It's one of my favorite things about the coat actually.

I offer coats in a choice of two colours, both at the same price.

The deluxe version uses a very close to screen accurate self-striped lining, plus I use a much better match for the buttons.

Both the lining and the button have to be specially imported (the lining from LA and the buttons from across Europe) so it has to add a bit to the price.

You can read and see some of these differnces here:

tennantcoat.blogspot.com - all change

For anybody interested, H&M currently have the correct t-shirts worn as the base layer of Tennant's Tooth and Claw outfit for sale again. They're $10. From past experience I wouldn't expect them to be around for long. Unfortunately they don't have them in blue, only grey, so no Midnight version.

I don't have a link handy, for reference on that shirt I pretty much went off of what I could see while watching the episode and what the tag said in the Bonham's auction. And unfortunately H&M doesn't have an online store. (stupidest business move of the decade?) Just look for a big rack of plain t-shirts for $9.95, the tag says H&M and the shirt has "Fine Cotton Stretch" silk screened onto the inside of the nape.

They're the real deal. I'll try to take some pictures later tonight after class.

Not Gallifreyan text, it's the stuff from the Satan Pit episodes. It's been posted in a few places online from the concept art, I just tweaked it to make it look like it was on a vid screen.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back