Weta - Comic Con Update

Weta

Official Licensee
Hi Everyone,

Here's a quick update on our Comic Con news :

We will be displaying our full District 9 range at the Weta booth (#2615). And we will have a limited number of sold out D9 Arc Generator artist proofs available for purchase.

Greg Broadmore (Weta's lead conceptual designer on District 9 and creator of Dr Grordborts) will be available for a chat or to sign books

Dave Tremont (Weta Workshop's senior model maker) will be available for a chat about model making, prop making and pretty much anything making !

Newly knighted Richard Taylor (Weta part owner and Creative Director) will be in and out of the booth (however please note he is usually very popular). So come and say Hi

We will be displaying all our new Lord of the Rings, Dr Grordbort's, Halo, The Art of John Howe collectibles and more.

So come and say Hi and please tell us you post on the RPF !

Keep up to date with the daily Comic Con announcements here The Latest ComicCon Updates

And sign up for our free e-mail newsletters here Inside Weta for our latest movie news, collectibles news and new projects

Kind regards

Tim

Will your Doctor Who stuff be on display?

Hi Jinyo,

Yes we will, but we were not planning to bring all of the pieces (our booth space is small). Which pieces would you like to see ?

And make sure you caome and have a chat with Dave Tremont. He is a huge Doctor Who fan and crafted our range.

Cheers

Tim

Hi Moocricket

The Arc Generator is coming ! We have an initial small shipment arriving in the US in the next few weeks, and a second larger shipment arriving in August. Make sure you come and check out the District 9 display.

Hi Ikariya

Please come and say Hi, and tell us you post on the RPF !

Hi Mirax H

Great, we look forward to seeing you and Art !

Hi Drewid

If you like Dr Grordbort's, you won't be disappointed. IT is coming ...

Cheers

Tim

Tim, I know the Arc Gun is slated for quarter 3, but can you give us any any idea how long with have before we need to get that money into our accounts?

Things are tough for a lot of us as the moment and it's a bit tricky to balance the books not having a firm idea when we need to have a chunk ready for shiny (and gunky) things :)

Cheers,

Simon

Listening to John Landis (a wonderfully foul mouthed man) chat it up with Richard Taylor was one of the highlights of SDCC for me last year. :lol

Tim, I know the Arc Gun is slated for quarter 3, but can you give us any any idea how long with have before we need to get that money into our accounts?

Things are tough for a lot of us as the moment and it's a bit tricky to balance the books not having a firm idea when we need to have a chunk ready for shiny (and gunky) things :)

Cheers,

Simon

Hi Simon

I hear you. Times are tough right now.

The first batch (smaller batch) of Arc Generators will be shipped to customers in 2-3 weeks time, and the second batch (a larger batch) in August. We will send out a note to customers closer to the time to warn you we will be charging your credit cards.

Thanks for your order

Tim

Hi Jinyo,

Yes we will, but we were not planning to bring all of the pieces (our booth space is small). Which pieces would you like to see ?

And make sure you caome and have a chat with Dave Tremont. He is a huge Doctor Who fan and crafted our range.

Cheers

Tim

I'm hoping to get a look at the helmet collection! But I'm sure that I'll be quite excited to see whatever you bring.
Thanks!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back