Beware recast Termight Replicas Judge Dredd badges on eBay

Wake

It has been brought to my attention that my licensed gold-plated comic version of Judge Dredd's badge has been recast and is being sold on eBay.

This is what my badge looks like:

dredd2010c.jpg

(which is still available from my website) and this is the recast on eBay.

There are several in justheroes-uk's completed items too.

Don't buy a painted resin knockoff glued to a bit of wood for £10 when you can buy a gold-plated licensed badge with two brooch pins on the back for £20.

Thank you for your attention.

That's lame, comic-style badge framed like a Dredd badge from the Stallone movie, this guy doesn't seem to know what he's doing. Sad to see your lovely replica recast to this crap-item! :thumbsdown
I sent a message to the seller asking about the origins and if it was from the movie, just to see what he replies.
Can eBay help you in any way?

Can someone tell me how to block bidders? Since Ebay remodeled and removed the Map feature, I can't seem to find it. I wanna block this recasting seller.

i go to help, type bidder block then click Managing bidders and buyers, then click Block bidders or buyers from your listings link

Got an answer from from this guy, I asked him what the origin of the badge is, if he made it himself, if it was in the Stallone movie.. the reply was:

Dear nicklas,

hi it is made in chiner thanks

- justheroes-uk

Not certain what that means though... made in China???

Here's another link on this guy which I found over at the 2000AD forum

Judge Dredd and James Bond in Fakes Galore « Cult-Stuff

Hope eBay can help you Wake, to ban him!

I think he has just swapped the images over not removed the badge image. It was still there when I just looked now.

The seller claims to have bought 8 of these at the NEC in March, and that this is the last one. He says he didn't know they weren't licensed.

However, I know he bought the real deal from me in December 2006 and this is a recast of that version, not the one from January 2010.

I've written to eBay's VeRO programme - but if it is just 8 then the losers are the people who have bought painted resin when they could have bought plated metal. On the other hand, if he did buy them at the NEC then there may be more out there.

I did orginally have a plan to have my badges recast so that the name could be removed and personalised but that never happened and I've since had a better plan for personalised judge badges (involving a metal blank and transfers) but haven't gone ahead with them yet.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but where do one get a good movie badge? The ones on ebay looked like they're carved from a bar of soap.

If it's any consolation, the existence of this recast thread prompted me to purchase one of yours.

Sometimes you just aren't aware you want something, until you see it! :)

Dave

If it's any consolation, the existence of this recast thread prompted me to purchase one of yours.

Sometimes you just aren't aware you want something, until you see it! :)

Dave

To be clear - I'm not worried about being undercut by cheaper resin badges. The main losers here are anyone who buys a recast because they didn't know it wasn't one of mine. I lose if they get the badge and think it's a Termight Replicas product, but that's unlikely since my name won't be on the recast and anyone who finds my website or photos of my badge online should easily be able to tell that they haven't bought what I'm selling

I'm in discussion with eBay's VeRO program hoping that they will accept me as a licensee so that I can easily shut down any future auctions.

And Dave - your badge is now in the post, as are all the pre-orders for my Blake's 7 Federation badges.

I have one of your Dredd badges and a belt buskel and i have to say the quality is superb, i was realy suprised at the weight if them, would deffo recomend them, just a pitty i cant get the rest of the cossie :-(

missed out on the first run of these. so glad when i saw that they were on sale again. got one as soon as i could. well worth the money. buy one of the originals.

are you going to do a new run of rouge trooper biochips?

please

are you going to do a new run of rouge trooper biochips?

please

I'd love to do a run of metal biochips (with black enamel in the recesses) but I can't afford to have too many projects on the go at once. I want to sell some more Blake's 7 Federation badges before I start something new.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back