Scott Pilgrim Shirts and Costume Thread

Well, I don't know if you count this or not, but there's an animated short prequel to the film called "Scott Pilgrim vs. The Animation." Remember when Scott tells Ramona about how he fought over 20 guys and a guy in a purple jump suit to save Kim? Well, that's the story. You can see it here: YouTube - Scott Pilgrim vs.The Animation Adult Swim Short

He wears several different outfits throughout the animated short.

It's pretty hard to find matching plain ringer t-shirts to even screenprint onto. I think I found maybe one right color so far.

I'd really, REALLY love to get my hands on a copy of the shirt Todd Ingram wears on stage during the Clash At Demonhead scene. Specifically, this one;

toddingramshirt.jpg

Can any of you costume super-sleuths identify this one?

~Morgan

As I understand it, that shirt was custom designed just for the movie by Bryan Lee O'Malley. I have been planning on making it myself. In fact, that's basically why I joined the site just now.

Anyway, I hand drew a couple versions of the skull graphic that were each a little off until I saw this picture, which is the first straight on shot of Todd in this shirt I have seen. I am guessing this is from the Black Sheep music video from the iTunes pre-order, as there is not a good shot of the shirt in the movie. Now I am planning on tracing a vector of the design.

I want to print it on this shirt: Fine Jersey Short Sleeve Ringer T-Shirt | Basic T-Shirts | Shop American Apparel

Also, in case people still haven't found the black wristbands with a white stripe that Todd and Scott wear, I found them online pretty easily with a search.

Amazon.com: Terry Stripe Wristband Pair-Black White W15S27D: Clothing
Terry Stripe Wristband Pair-Black White of Wrist Bands at e4Hats.com

I'd really, REALLY love to get my hands on a copy of the shirt Todd Ingram wears on stage during the Clash At Demonhead scene. Specifically, this one;

toddingramshirt.jpg

Can any of you costume super-sleuths identify this one?

~Morgan

I found those American Apparel shirts after nosing around a little, too. Looks like 5 of the colors are ones from the movie for about 8 different shirts.

Black/White for the Pixel Skull andZero - Star
White/Black for Sharpie
Red/White for Rock Band "Bass" logo
Baby Blue/Navy for Match Pik, Fantastic 4 1/2, and the "Bird" shirt
Heather Grey/Navy for SARS

I'm going to try my hand at screen printing all the shirts myself, but I'm not too good at making hi-res versions of the logos and all that.

I found those American Apparel shirts after nosing around a little, too. Looks like 5 of the colors are ones from the movie for about 8 different shirts.

Black/White for the Pixel Skull andZero - Star
White/Black for Sharpie
Red/White for Rock Band "Bass" logo
Baby Blue/Navy for Match Pik, Fantastic 4 1/2, and the "Bird" shirt
Heather Grey/Navy for SARS

I'm going to try my hand at screen printing all the shirts myself, but I'm not too good at making hi-res versions of the logos and all that.

Hey man can you post up your hi-res logos (ZERO + star, sharpie, Rock band "bass", and others) after you make them please and thanks, any one wanted it gideon shirt logo hi-res http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/2536/gideonlarge.gif

I too would like that todd ingram shirt with the skull. If anyone has the skull design in hi res then it could just be screen printed...

I know this isn't strictly T-shirt-related, but does anyone know where to find Envy Adams' red boots from the Clash at Demonhead show? I've tried typing every variation of Scott Pilgrim, Envy Adams, and red hooker boots into Google, but no luck. I'd be sooo appreciative if anyone could help me out.

So I traced the skull from the picture MrRetsej posted, as I have not been able to find a better shot of it. The image was small, and the skull is a little warped due the shirt stretching, so I'm not sure how much I trust it. But I tried to make it accurate. It can be scaled up now, at any rate.

2067-todd-skull.jpg

I'm just not sure where to go from here. I don't have a way of printing a shirt myself, and I don't know exactly how big to make the image for it to be true to size. It didn't take me long to actually make the vector image, and I can adjust it if a better picture turns up. I just haven't had a lot of free time lately.

Nice! The skull looks very very close. The only adjustment I can suggest would be the cheekbone sections. I'm fairly well convinced they're comprised of four hard edges more akin to a modified Punisher logo as opposed to a rounder design.

toddskullclose3.jpg

toddskullhilite.jpg

I'll change the cheekbones. I wish that larger picture wasn't at such an extreme angle. Like I said, that one of Todd wearing the shirt is such a low resolution that all the detail is lost as soon as it is zoomed in a little. I'm not even sure now that the skull is symmetrical. It might be the angle of the shirt, but the left cheekbone and eye look different from the right in that picture of the shirt hanging on the rack.

If anyone happens to run into Todd Ingram, I'd appreciate it if you would grab his shirt, run home, and scan/take a picture of it laying flat or stretched over a piece of cardboard.

I might have to make a vector of the Vegan Police logo, too. The designs on the other shirts can be found elsewhere.

Hey, i really want to do the white Todd Ingram suit but i want it to be precise. Does anyone have the shirt he has. The shoulder stripes are making it a pain to find.

OK, if anybody can find a supplier for green shirts that look like the SP shirt, I'll take interest and organize a run of custom screen printed shirts. I know a good screen printer locally, I just have to have a minimum order to make it happen, and the correct base shirt.

It's hard to say from the photo, but it looks way too brown. The name sounds like it describes the appropriate color, though.

I would like to say though that I'd PREFER if somebody else did the run, but it seems like everybody's too focused on the 2-scene-worn shirt of a (relatively) minor character to make the hero shirt. However, if nobody else wants to step up and take it over, I'll do the run. If anybody has the artwork in high res they'd like to donate, that would save me some time as well.

Oh, well then yea, that's the one for sure. I can't say I don't like their prices, either. I'll go talk to my screen printing guy as soon as I get a chance. Some things I need to know before I go in:

Is the logo just on the chest, or does it have that smaller one on the sleeve as well? How many colors is it? Is the main artwork black, or some other dark color, and is that some kind of faded purple/bruise looking color inside the heart? It looks to me like it has a gradient to the inside color, if that is what I'm seeing, so if that's the case it would be much better to use professional quality iron on transfers instead of silk screening. I can get pricing soon. As soon as I know the answers to those questions and the prices I'll start an interest thread.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back