EFNY Snake Plissken camo trousers

My escape from New York jacket-
I think the leather is an exact match, but there are a few differences between the jackets. On the pros side, mine has no snaps on the collar (like snake's) and its also a short cut (just like snake's) on the cons side there's no side pocket, mine has a belt and shoulder straps...

Great score on the jacket.

Well picked up a pair of paints, unfornately they do not fit. Small is really small, and since they do not stretch, looks like I will have to return them for a medium size. I wear a size 30 and it is still too small. Bummer. I am tempting to selling it on ebay and get another pair that will fit, but, I have 2 days to decide.

Other than that, they are sooooo cool, which makes everything even more bitter sweet.

Just ordered my pants today. I can't friggin' wait! On a side note, I found a seller on etsy who says that they could make the eagle tracer band (hinged and everything). I'm just waiting on a quote...

I wish the guy who makes those pants would make them in bigger sizes. The largest is a size 34, a very snug 34. Snug enough to tell what religion any guy wearing then is...

Well picked up a pair of paints, unfornately they do not fit. Small is really small, and since they do not stretch, looks like I will have to return them for a medium size. I wear a size 30 and it is still too small. Bummer. I am tempting to selling it on ebay and get another pair that will fit, but, I have 2 days to decide.

Other than that, they are sooooo cool, which makes everything even more bitter sweet.

Had the same problem. And I have a 24" waist. Ordering the medium today :(

On the plus side, the fabric is a great quality and the belt is nice too.

The good news: At long last, I got a pair of Snake trousers. (eBay)

The bad news: They're size 34 and I'm 35/36. I tried them on and my wife called them "girl pants."

That's OK. I kind of figured they'd be too small but I took a chance on the auction and won with a low bid. The auction included an autographed picture of Kurt Russell as Snake, as well as the nicest pair of vintage Alpinestars boots I've ever seen (size 7!) plus extras. So I consider it a win.

I'm so jealous of your boots! Bad luck with the pants, but the boots seem to be harder to find in good condition.

Just got my new size Mediums from Macleod last week - BEST. PURCHASE. EVER. Top quality, fast shipping, and they fit like a glove but better (gloves don't make your rear end look this good). I won't have everything put together in time for this Halloweed (damn boots!!!), but I'm on pace to have it together for the ABQ Comic Con at the end of January.

P.S. I still have the size small pants if someone wants them..

Just gotta add to all of this, got my pair of Model 1997 II Snake pants from Macleod, and they're effing awesome. Fantastic quality, very well made. I also ordered the black belt, which is also awesome. I ordered a size Large (which according to the size chart, is a 33 1/2 waist), and while they are very tight all around, the waist size is accurate, and does in fact fit like a 33 1/2. Luckily I'm a pretty slender dude, so they look great. And like LadyJoker said, they make my ass look awesome. The only real complaint I have is that there isn't a whole lot of room in the crotch area. Definitely worth the price!

Last edited:
Sadly, Macleod's sizes are too small for me. So if they come in decent jeans-y sizes, I'd be very interested in a pair. Because Snake Plissken has been my hero since childhood so these pants would be awesome. Most of the rest of the costume I can piece together, given sufficient funds and the jacket I've promised myself after I've successfully lost another 30 lbs. Basically, the costume's not existing yet other than the coat from EFLA I have.

I don't know if I'm allowed to ask this yet, but if you know where I could buy bigger Snake trousers, please let me know.

I wonder if one of the dye sublimation guys here on the board would be willing to tackle a Snake pants pattern along with all the superhero suit stuff they print out?

I'd love a pair in a 34-35 inch waist. I'm a bit afraid to order the MacLeod's 33.5 inch waist version. 34 fits nice and snug and 35 to 36 is comfy with a touch of room for me.

Hello! New member here, I signed up specifically so I could see how you all have made these trousers over the years. I see that the Japan seller MacLeod has stopped making them. Does anyone have any pointers, if I have to make these from scratch? I was thinking about painting a pair of Russian SPLAV pants but they won't be perfect. I really need a perfect pair of pants.

I met the owner of MacLeod at Wintercon last year and gushed about how accurate their Plissken pants are, but also lamented that the largest size did not quite fit me. However, he said that if I emailed them, they could custom make a pair. Worth a shot. They don't get any more accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's incredibly awesome news, MFP2020! I could barely squeeze into the largest size MacLeod sold when they were still available. Would love to have a pair that fits properly. Gotta dig MacLeod's e-mail addy out!

Art
'Jon8712'

Does anyone have MacLeod's e-mail address? I've tried contacting him on his facebook page and the e-mail link listed on his website. I haven't had any response yet. Would anyone be willing to sell the pair that doesn't fit them anymore? I'm currently a 34inch waist w/ 32inch height - US sizing

macleod.jpg

You can check out this website called ENDURANCE CONSPIRACY, they make a pair of tights that are unisex called "Plissken Skins." I used them for my Snake Plissken cosplay, and ultimately when I made my Snake Plissken Fan Film "Escape from Las Vegas," I used a pair of white pants that I painted with spray die. They worked out great. IMG_1363.JPGIMG_2246.JPGIMG_2128.JPG

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back