EfNY Snake Plissken Costume [WiP]

septic

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all, thought I'd finally post up my Plissken build (mostly because it seemed like a good place to ask questions :) ).

First question: I've faked up a pattern for the knee pads (that attach to the boots), can I get some input please as to which of these looks better (the white arrow is where I think my knee is)?

TestPads01a.jpg
Testpads 1 is approx 105mm wide by 170mm long

TestPads02a.jpg
Testpads 2 is approx 120mm wide by 190mm long

Or should I go for something even smaller. Cheers in advance for any help / constructive criticism (and apologies for the hairy legs :D )

Yeah, you're probably right there. I've not factored in yet the amount that will be below the boot lip, so will defo be dropping the height a bit.

Definitely the shorter. Like Funky said, they look a bit tall.

Did your Hi Points come with those buckles or did you add them?

Sweet, cheers for your input guys :)

hessikin boots came with these buckles; just like the shin plates, not SA but I'm not gonna muck with them. I [try] and be a stickler for details on most stuff, but some things, like these vintage boots are just too cool to mess with; close enough to SA is good enough in this case.

Ok, so I went the budget route and took the kneepad paper pattern into a shoe repair place and had them make something up.
MyPads02.jpg

They didn't do the double stitching like I asked, but bollocks, I'm not going to get em redone. Again, close enough I think, it's not like there's super clear images of the pads anyway, and as long as it "reads right", I'm good with it. :)

Sweet, cheers for your input guys :)

hessikin boots came with these buckles; just like the shin plates, not SA but I'm not gonna muck with them. I [try] and be a stickler for details on most stuff, but some things, like these vintage boots are just too cool to mess with; close enough to SA is good enough in this case.

I did the exact same thing. Also, I opted not to go with the golf spikes with the round base on the toe tip because it looks silly and stupid. I used the baseless spikes which look WAY better.

Boots done!
(I need to buy some rubbing alcohol to weather the pads, but that's no big deal).

My EfNY Boots.jpg

... I used the baseless spikes which look WAY better.

Hmm, interesting, didn't even think of that. Have you got a pic of em please?

My spikes are from some vintage golf shoes ... I'm gonna have to watch the movie again, aren't? :D
I'm unlikely to change em though as I really like that they have Hush Puppies stamped into em.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back