New Hasbro Toy Lightsabers

I did not think the Anakin was that bad.

No, it's much better that the original basic saber version. The disparity in diameters is not immediately apparent, as the grips mask the difference. It was only after closer inspection that I noticed it. I just think the design would have been better served by a consistent tube diameter. Which is my complaint with the Obi ROTS. The emitter half is oversized to accomodate the blade (obviously), but then the pommel end is undersized. Both sabers would have been better maintaining the same scale end to end.

I don't think Hasbro is going to do any more of the electronic collapsible blade toys. I think the Ultimate FX line is replacing it. I may be wrong but I don't really see the reason for having two electronic saber lines out at the same time.

Well, they did have the electronic and "Force FX" spring loaded sabers running concurrently, so you never know. But then again, refitting the Windu design with the new LED blade wouldn't be a bad thing either. We'll see on Monday if the Aug 1 release date originally set is correct and the remanider of the promoted items hit the stores at the same time. Here's hoping...

FYI: Wemt back to Target today and they also had the Ultimate FX Lightsabers in stock (along with other new SW toys from hasbro/legos). I only saw the Anakin and Vader, no sign of the Luke ROTJ.

FYI: Wemt back to Target today and they also had the Ultimate FX Lightsabers in stock (along with other new SW toys from hasbro/legos). I only saw the Anakin and Vader, no sign of the Luke ROTJ.

I've been to three Targets and two TRUs and, while some had the new basic sabers, none had the Ultimates as yet.

They showed the Ultimate FX Lightsaber (the kids version of the FX) at SDCC. Although this is for kids, I was disappointed to see the added switch on the hilt. As you can see here: Hasbro - SirStevesGuide.com Photo Gallery

I looked at the Ultimate FX Lightsaber again today at target. This time I actually did the "try me" feature. The toy is activated by pushing down on the activation plate. I tried to feel around on the hilt to see if there was a slide switch like the one seen on the Luke ROTJ shown at SDCC but I could not find one. I do not know if that one is a prototype or if it is or is not there on the current available versions.

After I posted the last message, I stopped by the Target near my work. While they'd set the section, the sabers had not been stocked yet. I spoke to a sales girl, but she didn't know where they were. She said something about the warehouse, but I'm not sure whether she meant the store's or the district/regions. I didn't press the issue... I'll get one eventually.

When I got home, I found my friend had e-mailed me to tell me they were available at another nearby store already. I'm already home, and it's not a neighborhood I frequent anyway, so it'll just have to wait.

I got one of the Anakins yesterday. Pretty impressive, for a toy. I'll do a review in an hour or so when I get home. They're really just miniature FX lightsabers.

I picked 'em both up today. I haven't pulled them out of the package yet, but they seem cool enough. I'm curious as to what might be on that bonus DVD though.

Last edited:
Cool toys but I think they might have overdone the commercial.

A little. But you have to admit, the Ultimate sabers are the best lightsaber toys to date (if you consider the MR/Hasbro Signature Editions "collectibles" instead of toys). I've got both of them and, god help me, I can't waith to see which ones they'll put out next in addition to the Luke ROTJ. I'll definitely use one of them as a base for a custom FX saber.

Those are honestly not bad for a marketed childs toy, I reemmber when they just ahd the stupid ones that extended. These are def smart for Hasbro to market for children!

Those are honestly not bad for a marketed childs toy, I reemmber when they just ahd the stupid ones that extended. These are def smart for Hasbro to market for children!

Yeah, No kidding!

This is what I had:

7270-toysaber.jpg

I'm just wondering about the Mace Windu AOTC/ROTS electronic saber with a collapsible blade that was featured at the toy show when the new sabers were introduced. Will that ever materialise?

While picking up the Blu-ray at Walmart today, I saw the new Mace and Qui electonic (not ultimate fx) lightsabers. I've not been paying attention to the elctronic lightsabers so I am unsure if they have been out earlier than this. But if not, then they were ject released.

...at Walmart today, I saw the new Mace and Qui electonic (not ultimate fx) lightsabers.

Me too! The store I was at didn't have the Qui Gonn, but they did have the Mace. Overall, not a bad offering. The grips seemed a bit flat, and the emitter section is straight rather than tapered, to accomodate the blade, but it looks pretty decent. I may well get this one.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back