Ladies can be Iron Man too (everything but the shoulders, pg 35)

Re: Ladies can be Iron Man too (kinda pic heavy)

I'm coming a little late to the party, but your work really looks wonderful! It's the kind of thing I would love to be able to do [thanks to MS, the hands don't do what I want them to do so much! :) ] Please keep posting your progress; I can't wait to watch this project evolve!

Nice job! You said that sewing is mostly your thing? I think those skills translate nicely in making pep. So in the words of Tim gunn from project runway...."make it work"!

Really cool to see more girls get into building various armor suits and especially cool that you are just straight up doing Iron Man and not putting boobs on the armor LOL

Nothing wrong with fem-characters just cooler to me to see a kick butt build , have guys coming up and being all like, thats so cool, then you take the helmet off and you're a girl and it blows their minds :)

Way cooler if you just see the suit and when they take the helmet off it's a girl.

something like this? :) (me as war machine)
25401_10150157643340237_865525236_11948467_1649623_n.jpg

people didn't know it was me or that a girl is wearing it. they just had their pics taken and they called me "sir" or "kuya". i don't speak at first but when they say thank you and go i say "no problem" and they get shocked and say "you're a girl? COOOooooooLLLLL!"

i think guys take a kick out of that more - girls in kick-ass suits. :angel

thanks to everyone for the encouraging comments!

Nice job! You said that sewing is mostly your thing? I think those skills translate nicely in making pep. So in the words of Tim gunn from project runway...."make it work"!

http://www.shoppingblog.com/pics/tim_gunn_iron_man_0509.jpg

something like this? :) (me as war machine)

people didn't know it was me or that a girl is wearing it. they just had their pics taken and they called me "sir" or "kuya". i don't speak at first but when they say thank you and go i say "no problem" and they get shocked and say "you're a girl? COOOooooooLLLLL!"

i think guys take a kick out of that more - girls in kick-ass suits. :angel

Very nice! I saw your thread over on siwdat.com and I have to say that both suits are really amazing

In other news, I finished glassing today but didn't really see the need to take a picture ;] If i'm lucky, tomarrow will be the start of the bondo work

O-M-G.. :eek you are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! now i'm really inspired :$

looking forward to see more progress from you, Laamberry~ :)

I'm a girl and I'm going to be starting my first Iron Man helmet very shortly. I love the way yours came out. I hope mine looks just as clean!

Very nice pep, I'm sure Shark is really happy that you are using it and keep up the good work, I look forward to watching you progress.

Anyone, male or female, that can do that pep stuff well has my admiration. I can never sand stuff as smooth as the pep builders can sand large areas of armor. Props to all of you!

Anyone, male or female, that can do that pep stuff well has my admiration. I can never sand stuff as smooth as the pep builders can sand large areas of armor. Props to all of you!

i do peps. but we have a different process. we use them as patterns and trace them on rubber.not the fiberglassing/casting kind you guys do. but i do the paper build first so we may see how it actually looks like then what needs to be adjusted.

it's damn hard especially when the parts are too small. :lol. but when we cut them in rubber it's like 5=1. :angel

i do peps. but we have a different process. we use them as patterns and trace them on rubber.not the fiberglassing/casting kind you guys do. but i do the paper build first so we may see how it actually looks like then what needs to be adjusted.

it's damn hard especially when the parts are too small. :lol. but when we cut them in rubber it's like 5=1. :angel
I can't believe I never thought of that! Well, I learn something new and neat every day.

Nice. Seriously Nice.

I commend you. I wish I had our skill in pep. (Don't even have Pep hehe)

I really like where this is headed. Good luck with the rest of the suit, and I agree with those who said it's great to see a woman undertaking this project.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back