My ROTJ Palpatine Robe (now official Palpatine progress thread)

thedarkone

Just got these pics in from my local seamstress. We all know now that waffle weave was the kind of fabric used for his cloak but it doesn't come naturally in black. I really didn't want to dye it since black is one of the hardest colors to dye. so while browsing one day i came across a poly/cotton blend waffle weave fabric shower curtain, that came in several colors, one being black. So i went to my seamstress to get measured to determine the amount needed. so that night i ordered 3 and had them shipped to her. they arrived friday of last week and i now have completed pictures today. I gave her every reference picture i could, seam lines, sheering on the wrists the works and this is what i now have :love

Emp001.jpg

Emp004.jpg

Emp006.jpg

Emp008.jpg

Andy

Last edited:
Re: My ROTJ Palpatine Robe

Nice. You should be proud. I've heard that the actual costume was dyed black waffle weave.

Estatic is more like it lol, and yes the original was dyed. that is why it had a greyish hue to it. But being that this is going to be a 501st robe and will be worn and washed occasionaly, i didn't want to risk having to go through the dying process. since black is not an easy color to achieve, i didn't want to have to worry about it getting worn out over time.

Palpatine is a perennial favorite. Very nice, and the dogs look proud too... :lol :thumbsup

Thanks guys. Right now im waiting on the kimino like under tunic to be made and having prosthetics done. so hopefully by the end of may, i'll have a full Palpatine.

will do, here are some nik nak pics. These will be my palpatine nails and also a picture of the brooches that i make. (instead of using a pin closure i have two earth magnets glued to the back of it that attach to two that are sewed into the robe.)

100_0760.jpg

100_0759.jpg

I have always wondered why Lucas decided to give Palpatine those nails for ROTS when he didn't have them for ROTJ. He was otherwise well-manicured...:unsure But kudos to you for the good work. :cool

Yeah, i just made those up for kicks and giggles. Figured it would be a rather creepy touch when in full make up.

(he also appeared alot more bloated in ROTS)

Yes he did! But he was still recognizable as the Palpatine we know and love...:)

I'm holding out some kind of hope that he'll cameo in the live-action tv show to appear...whenever...

yeah, what id give to have a star wars tv series that depicts the events between Ep3-4. But have it all movie quality, and not washed for TV.

but to me Ian Mcdiarmid is the best actor in the star wars saga, and his role as the emperor was like it was made for him.

He was definitely in a class by himself; my favorite actor of them all without a doubt. And I agree that the role was made for him. :cool

but to me Ian Mcdiarmid is the best actor in the star wars saga, and his role as the emperor was like it was made for him.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back