James Cameron, King of DVD Sales

Saw it in the theater and I have no desire to ever see it again. Good effects and 3D paired with an overly black and white simplistic story. Very manipulative and clearly designed to appeal to the mainstream movie going crowd. It will fade just like Titanic did.

I just slap the 8-track of the soundtrack into the old quadrophonic stereo, sit back and enjoy.:)

Then I put in the record sized lazer disc and enjoy it as well, until I have to flip it over half way through that is.:rolleyes

Last edited:
Over here, the BluRay is sold at the price of a regular DVD and the DVD is sold at half price of that. Plus it is heavily marketed.
That ought to boost sales.

i find it amusing how people will find any reason they can think of, (or steal from critics) to hate on the big money making movies...
often just to appear different than the mainstream movie goer.

shallowest movie ever? laff.
it wasnt shawshank...but please.

find me an "original" movie released in the last 20 years, and ill spent 30 seconds finding you 5 movies it has "copied"

got news for ya....everything can be broken down to 5 basic storys that we retell over and over.

If you didnt like it, you didnt like it, completely understand that. but copy/pasting the typical critic diatribe doesnt make you sound enlightened.

i find it amusing how people will find any reason they can think of, (or steal from critics) to hate on the big money making movies...
often just to appear different than the mainstream movie goer.

shallowest movie ever? laff.
it wasnt shawshank...but please.

find me an "original" movie released in the last 20 years, and ill spent 30 seconds finding you 5 movies it has "copied"

got news for ya....everything can be broken down to 5 basic storys that we retell over and over.

If you didnt like it, you didnt like it, completely understand that. but copy/pasting the typical critic diatribe doesnt make you sound enlightened.

Well damn that sounds well thought out... and in a good way!!!(y)thumbsup
Most don't know a good film anymore if it punches them in the face...:rolleyes

OK, ONE of the shallowest movies then. :D

It's pretty simple stuff and we've seen it a million times before. So what? It may not be "Citizen-Kane-great-cinema", but it is a great popcorn action movie.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back