Batman Arkham Asylum Armor Update 4/5/12 Convention Pics Added

Re: Batman Arkham Asylum Armor Updated 5/14/10

Over the last week, I've been working on creating the armature for the upper arm armor. Basically, I took measurements of my upper arm, created a cylinder out of card stock and adjusted it accordingly to better fit my arm. This is the method I used to create the shoulder armor too.

After creating the upper arm armature and putting on the shoulder piece to see how it all lines up, I've to the conclusion that I need to a lifecast to sculpt on so the pieces line up better.

Sadly this puts a kink in the project and will slow things down for awhile. But I'm excited to getting a lifecast of myself, which I will be able to use for this and other projects.

Likely Method proposed by bossreg at theeffectslab forum:
I'll probably be getting a spandex body suit, cover it in vaseline while wearing it *cringes*, make a two-part plaster cast. Once the plaster cast negative has set, I'll fill it with foam to keep it light yet strong.

I'm hoping if I cover the inside of the plaster cast with enough vaseline, the foam won't stick much to the plaster and I'll be able to part the two once the foam has set. This way I can coat the foam with a resin to keep it strong and not have the slightly larger dimensions of leaving the plaster on.

Either way, it will be a few weeks at best before I can get this all worked out. In the mean time, I'm considering starting on the bracers and/or the boot spats.

Any thoughts, input on any of this is appreciated.

I'm working on the armatures/forms for the upper arms and bracer right now. I'm hoping to start getting some clay down for the bracer this weekend. We'll see. I will post some pics soon.

amazing work buddy

ill certainly be interested in a set if you ever sell some :love

keep it up and cant wait to see the finished artical

Looking really sweet.

you can also anytime send me a PM if you thinking about to start sell these.

im also putting toghether a Arkham Asylum suit, just bought the cowl from Ebay, a really really sweet cowl that fits like a glove.

No. Sadly life has gotten in the way of me working on this. I'm hoping to get some stuff done this weekend.

The Arkham Asylum version of Batman is the coolest looking Batman out there. Can't wait to see this finished. Any thoughts on the armored outfit that you unlock at the end of the game?

The Arkham Asylum version of Batman is the coolest looking Batman out there. Can't wait to see this finished. Any thoughts on the armored outfit that you unlock at the end of the game?

I like the aesthetics of the AA suit as well but this is actually based on the armored suit you unlock. When I first saw the armored suit, I fell in love with it. Here's some pics of what the armored suit looks like for people that haven't seen it.

4672375123_a699186dfc_b.jpg

4673000858_9581d7d1a1_b.jpg

4672375041_5ddb755604_b.jpg

I do have more pics if anyone is interested. Close ups of the forearm, thighs, boots, etc.

Here's my work on the bracer so far. I'm hoping to pick the pace up and keep this moving.
4701953421_6363a842f0_b.jpg

4702587010_8ddcf17c4b_b.jpg

4701953829_70b1374a9b_b.jpg

4701954079_374e295ee1_b.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back