screen used Hoffman Captain Hook and Roberts Tinkerbelle costume - Spielberg movie

Trap Joe

Sr Member
I am so happy that I had this opportunity:
Now for me a dream came true .
Throughout many happy quincedences, I had the opportunity to buy the original Hero-Hook-Costume from a private collector.:cool:)
Dustin Hoffman wore it as Hook in the same called Spielberg movie.
I put the costume on my old figure with the head I sculpted 15 years ago.
I´m planning to make a new - more improved - silicone head for my Hook standee, when I have some time left.
The prostetic Hook is the rubber version, Dustin used for stunt purpose. The same as in the scene where he want´s to make Jack a hole in the ear for his first prates earring. The glove, that came with it, is not shown on Dustin in the movie.My guess: it was worn by Robin Williams in the football scene, when he was dressed up as a pirate.

Last edited:
Re: screen used Captain Hook costume worn by Dustin Hoffman from the Spielberg movie

OH WOW!!!!!!!! my favorite movie ever since i was little!!!!! and dustin hoffman as hook was always my favorite...i was hook 5 years in a row for halloween when i was little... i know that movie and that costume frontwards backwards sideways and upside down!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Re: screen used Captain Hook costume worn by Dustin Hoffman from the Spielberg movie

That is AMAZING!!! Congrats!!!

uits in the right hands
someone who loves the movie and the costume.

You lucky, lucky man. Hoffman's Captain Hook is by far my favorite portrayal of the character.

Wow, that is amazing, the detail is stunning. Nice find and thanks for sharing that.

Now on to Robins Sword.

now you have two hook costumes? an original and a replica? or did you end up selling the replica you had in the junk yard?

Great grab!! I love the film.

It's one of my least favourite movies by the 'berg, but that, right there, is pretty freakin' special!

:thumbsup

you´re welcome.
Thank you, Guys :)

Lufo:that is freaking amazing!!!!!eek :eek
What a great find. So cool!!! Where did you shot this great picture???

If I could get it, I would do!!!!

Nice costume!

Hook looks very happy with it to.

so i was wondering...what is on the inside of that hook??? is there a little piece for hoffman to hold onto???? i know some of the props had a leather wrist cuff to help hold it on...

so i was wondering...what is on the inside of that hook??? is there a little piece for hoffman to hold onto???? i know some of the props had a leather wrist cuff to help hold it on...

You´re right about the hooks that have the leather on the end to hold it. BTW I think it is only deco.
It´s right: there´s little oiece of wood right throuht the inside to hold onto.

MANNNNN that is WAYYY to kool mate
AWESOME SCORE AND EXCELLENT DISPLAY
:cool:cool:cool:cool:cool

MANNNNN that is WAYYY to kool mate
AWESOME SCORE AND EXCELLENT DISPLAY
:cool:cool:cool:cool:cool

:cheers Thanks TK.
You can imagine, I´m also very happy. Although I spent a huge lot of money into this.
Captain Hook means very much to me. Maybe the same as Darth Vader. I know Disney´s Captain Hook much longer than Darth. So I´m all around happy with the deal. Having an original film used Darth Vader would have been wayyyyy too expencive. But I was happy enough to have original screen used Vader parts at my home.

so...I hope, I finally can have peace with my movie collection madeness.

This was a pretty well done costume, very flashy!

VERY VERY COOL, Captain Hook's costume is the costume im wanting to get besides vader's. I feel the same way, when younger i was more a fan of hook than vader surprisenly they're my top favs

Awesome I'm jealous! You must be very happy with it.

That is too cool, congrats. That is quite the costume.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back