Batman Begins/The Dark Knight linked belt project *NEW DIRECTION AND PICS PAGE 3*

coofunkcurly

Sr Member
Myself and my friend Ken decided to acquire BOTB member KBillan's belt molds a month or so back. This was Keith's V2.1 belt that he beautifully CNCed and engineered to link like a wrist watch. Really was THE ultimate in fan made Begins/TDK belts.

No disrespect meant to Keith but we had some changes we desired in the belt and Ken went right to work to make some improvements. He has some incredible skills as you'll see.

Some changes that have been made thus far:
-CNC tooling marks removed
-slight texture to mimic a powder coated surface
-scratch built accessories built to the proper scale of this belt
-more snug fit for the inside dial

I will let the pictures speak for themselves. The new molds are PRISTINE and the casts come out pretty much like you see in the pics. Very little to no clean-up.

IMG_3941.jpg

IMG_3942.jpg

IMG_3965.jpg

IMG_3960.jpg

IMG_3963.jpg

IMG_3966.jpg

box007.jpg

box005.jpg

I will update this thread as we progress. And we will start an interest thread in the trading area at some point soon.

Last edited:
Re: Batman Begins/The Dark Knight linked belt project

very awesome - I would really love to own one someday...

Wow kev.

I'm really glad you got those moulds.

Whilst Keith did a lovley job Cnc'ing, it needed finishing before moulding.

Now you have done it, it really will be the ultimate.

Hec - once we are done we'll start a thread in the sale area for kits. We'll try and keep them as reasonable as possible.

Rich - thanks buddy. Means a lot coming from a guy with such a keen eye for detail.

tango'd - There is almost no cleanup necessary from these new molds. And we are definitely working on the whole thing. It's almost done actually and I will post more pics here as we progress.

I think it was mentioned on one of the other boards, but any intention to customize the accessories into hinged functional pieces? I had some ideas on how I would slice up a solid casting to make it hollow, and put it back together so it would at least hold a few small items.

Again, this is looking great, and I can't wait to see the first finished belt from the updated molds.

I think we're going to attempt a future upgrade that would not only hinge the accessories but make them open by a spring loaded mechanism at the touch of a button. That is likely a few months away though.

Last edited:

I've been dying to get a hold of one of these for years, cant wait to see how what you do with it next.

Small update. We weren't 100% pleased with how the links turned out so they are getting reworked again.

But in the meantime, Ken scratch built a rang. He's not quite done it yet as he is going to go back and sculpt the small bump that the rangs had in the movie. But I still wanted to post these pics. They are very thin just like the movie ones. Like 2mm. Rang holder is on the to-do list as well.

IMG_3974.jpg

IMG_3973.jpg

Nice I'll be keeping an eye on the progress of this thread here or other boards.
I'll be needing a new one sometime soon mine is getting really abused.

Awesome Ive been thinking about a Dark Knight costume for a while now, keep the pics comming

Can't believe I missed this. This great just a masterfully crafted piece, I really can't wait to see this in person. If you don't make it up here soon I'll have to make the trip down and check it out. :cool This is what the belt should have been, and full function and or metal next?? :confused :love:lol

IMG_3974.jpg

Seeing this brings warm feelings to my heart. At last ! (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Kevin. I might be calling you for one. ;). You all have done great work

thad

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back