Doctor Who 2010 Trailer *Spoilers*

JBReplicas

Sr Member
This thread is for the discussion of the trailer for the next series of Doctor Who starting in Spring 2010 SPOILERS! You have been warned :thumbsup

The trailer begins with the doctor looking at the newly re-built TARDIS and heading off into his new adventures, throughout the trailer there are various images of returning monsters the obvious being....The Daleks!!

Yes they're back...again :lol we see the doctor hitting a Dalek with what looks like the sucker arm of a Dalek, interestingly in the background there are lots of parts of Dalek casings, almost an assembly line of some kind? This Dalek also appears to be covered in some form of black cloth from the mid section down, it is either black or a very dark grey (the dalek) We also see a minor glimpse of what looks like a White Dalek with a different shaped dome and eyestalk, secondly are the Weeping Angels from the episode 'Blink' the creatures that send people back through time if you turn your back on them, another species that appeared are a reptilian/humanoid type race lead by a female who was holding what looked a lot like the old Sea Devil disc weapons, she also had a string vest type outfit on which they used to wear in the original series, the Sea Devils were a race of underwater dwelling reptiles from earths past who were looking to re-take the earth from mankind, we also see what looks like the sonic screwdriver exploding as the doctor holds it above his head! As far as returning characters goes it was nice to see the return of...River Song! Once again played by Alex Kingston, she is seeing wearing sunglasses and holding a chrome pistol/blaster, anything else I missed feel free to chime in and speculate away, I cant wait!!! :thumbsup

View the trailer here http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/newyear/

So that begs the question...is there a way to fool the British site so you can see the trailers and stuff? The UK Who site has all the stuff I want to see!!! :cry :lol

New Tardis interior?

1z6z2bp.jpg

So that begs the question...is there a way to fool the British site so you can see the trailers and stuff? The UK Who site has all the stuff I want to see!!! :cry :lol

If you can find a proxy server from the UK (that's not a link to viruses and spyware) you can use the site. I used one a few months back but lost it when I formatted my PC.

Judging from the costume it looks like much of this is taken from the first episode, so maybe we'll get daleks toward the start of the season.

a) moffat overseeing the series and writing episodes +1
b) return of river song +2
c) new doctor, not personally convinced but we'll see how he does. I liked tennant but felt he tended to shout a bit too much. bit too bombastic for me. I liked the quirky eccentricity of tom baker myself. -1 (with reserved judgement)
d) at least R T davies cleared the decks of all the old companions. I felt he'd allowed things to get too bogged down with the number of companions, so at least things are clear for a new start. +1
e) hated that he burned off the opportunities with other timelords by locking everything into the whole time war (timelock explanation) gallifrey, seeing it in its glory, other timelords would be cool. -1 (with hopes that moffat can work with this and around it somehow)
f) disappointed we don't get to see river and tennant's doctor some more. would have played very well indeed. the new teeny doctor will be a bit too young for me to seriously accept a romance between them. -1

I think the marriage of the Doctor and River Song was handled off screen already. Part of #10's dialog to Ood Sigma in the beginning of part one was "got married, that was a mistake" and "named a galaxy Alison."

I'm VERY sad to see Tennent's Doctor go but hopeful that the new season will be up to the standard we've all come to expect of modern sci-fi's best show.

The good queen bess reference was to explain why Queen Elizabeth wanted him dead when she saw him at the end of the Shakespere episode.

Gary

I think the marriage of the Doctor and River Song was handled off screen already. Part of #10's dialog to Ood Sigma in the beginning of part one was "got married, that was a mistake" and "named a galaxy Alison."

I'm VERY sad to see Tennent's Doctor go but hopeful that the new season will be up to the standard we've all come to expect of modern sci-fi's best show.

In season 4 - when we met River Song, she didn't immediately recognize the doctor and when she figured out who he was and told him his name he believed her, however, she wouldn't reveal their past. What we are told is that while they met in HER timeline a good while ago, they had not met in his until just then and she said 'he was still very young'.

Just because the meet again this coming season, doesn't mean it's the love story. I'd have to imagine they'd have to devote at least an entire season to her be the companion to do that justice. Either way, seeing as he has a companion for the coming season, i find it hard to believe he'd go off with River Song and just leave her in the corner as the 3rd wheel since there's nothing to indicate she's not there all season.

It looks like River Song is in almost every episode of next season as well. The trailer shows here in a bunch of different costumes and settings, you actually see her more than Amy.

besides I think that is someone the doctor would be more drawn too. she's strong independent and not completely following him around. they dip into and out of each others lives.

more alex kingston please and as long as moffat's writing it's going to be good!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back