Stormtrooper F/X and AP Fitting Questions

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Domain @ May 29 2006, 04:47 AM) [snapback]1252532[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(slave1pilot @ May 27 2006, 01:49 PM) [snapback]1251612[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Domain @ May 27 2006, 12:00 AM) [snapback]1251559[/snapback]
what are they like for sitting down in,
[/b]

:lol
That's a good one
[/b][/quote]

I serious though, does it damage the Butt plate? :D
[/b][/quote]
I think he is laughing because sitting is not an option.

<div class='quotetop'>(Qui-Gonzalez @ May 29 2006, 03:30 PM) [snapback]1252606[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Domain @ May 29 2006, 04:47 AM) [snapback]1252532[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>(slave1pilot @ May 27 2006, 01:49 PM) [snapback]1251612[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Domain @ May 27 2006, 12:00 AM) [snapback]1251559[/snapback]
what are they like for sitting down in,
[/b]

:lol
That's a good one
[/b][/quote]

I serious though, does it damage the Butt plate? :D
[/b][/quote]
I think he is laughing because sitting is not an option.
[/b][/quote]
Oh, OK

I stretched the shins and thighs on my custom set of armor I made as these parts from my FX suit sort of looked too short on me. and I'm 6'2" @185lbs.

Jim

I'm 6'2" and it fits me well.

I have more mobility at the knees and hips because the pieces are spaced further apart (you just see a little more black). I can do stairs relatively easily whereas others I've trooped with really need a rail to help.

Still can't sit down though. :(

<div class='quotetop'>(Jimbo890 @ May 30 2006, 02:08 AM) [snapback]1252824[/snapback]</div>
I stretched the shins and thighs on my custom set of armor I made as these parts from my FX suit sort of looked too short on me. and I'm 6'2" @185lbs.

Jim
[/b]

Saw pics of u in ur website and u look great imho. :rolleyes

Sitting down is an option if you separate the butt plate from the back plate (and maybe the cod from the ab) as previously noted. Also make sure your leg pieces are trimmed such that you can bend your knees to 90 degrees.

Mobility IS possible in armor, you just have to trim it right.

Aff, more questions Im lately considering too the AP armor also, it looks awesome and not as expensive as a TE, Ill give u guys more specified specs of me so u AP owners could tell me more about it. Just to know if I can consider it an option or not :S

Height: 6'2
Weight:182
Thigh: 23.6
Calf: 15.7
Chest: 38.2
Stomach: 35.4

Size: Feet/Inches
Weight: Pounds

<div class='quotetop'>(KevVader @ Jun 3 2006, 07:50 PM) [snapback]1255477[/snapback]</div>
....should fit.....depends how you are built, you may have to shim a few leg pieces, but I doubt it....
[/b]

Good, btw u doubt it should fit, or that I should have to shim the leg pieces :S

PS. whats to shim, gosh sry for all the questions, but im not from an english speaking country :lol

<div class='quotetop'>(Luisiana Jones @ Jun 3 2006, 04:58 PM) [snapback]1255551[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(KevVader @ Jun 3 2006, 07:50 PM) [snapback]1255477[/snapback]
....should fit.....depends how you are built, you may have to shim a few leg pieces, but I doubt it....
[/b]

Good, btw u doubt it should fit, or that I should have to shim the leg pieces :S

PS. whats to shim, gosh sry for all the questions, but im not from an english speaking country :lol
[/b][/quote]

I doubt that you'll have to shim them.....they should fit as is. Sometimes you have to shim the leg pieces with another flat piece of plastic in order to give it more girth to fit around your leg....I'm 6'4" 250 lbs with big legs...I would have to shim the thigh and calf pieces...

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back