Stormtrooper F/X and AP Fitting Questions

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Luisiana Jones, May 26, 2006.

1. Luisiana Jones

Luisiana Jones Active Member

Is 6,2 (1,88cm) a good height for stormie armor, too tall? too short? good one will fit me? lol still saving since last year for 1 economy didnt go well but ill get one sooner or later :lol

Ps. read some threads and was getting worried :)

2. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Luisiana Jones @ May 26 2006, 08:01 AM) [snapback]1251006[/snapback]</div>

A little tall...but it'll still work. I think the ideal height for a trooper would be 5'11" - 6'0"...and about 170lbs. The accurate sets of armor should fit you with no problems....

3. Luisiana Jones

Thanks a lot m8. worried I wouldnt fit, well back to playing SW battlefront untill I got nuff money, die rebel die.

Ps.seriously thanks a lot.

4. TK8410

TK8410 Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(KevVader @ May 26 2006, 08:47 AM) [snapback]1251054[/snapback]</div>
    I'm sure I read somewhere that the height of the ANH troopers was between 5'8 and 5'10... :unsure

With regards to the original Q...I've seen really tall guys costume as a trooper and as long as the armour is done well, it looks just fine. I personally don't think it looks good if you're a tall trooper, attending a troop etc and you're taller than an attending Vader, but that's just my opinion. :)

Cheers, Gord.

5. Luisiana Jones

But arent Vaders around 6'6 darn the costume I like its the stormie.. :(

6. Treadwell

Treadwell Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

This might be one of those cases where the old GF/GT suit might look better on you than the accurate kind.

7. Luisiana Jones

Pmed u Treadwell for some info on that :/ as I thought GF was pretty accurate and was FX the one that wasnt :unsure

Ps. This aint looking good... :confused

8. MacFarc

MacFarc New Member

Theres a couple of chaps in our garrison that have stormy armor and are over 6ft and they have FX armor and look fine.

Doesnt look right standing next to me cause I'm 5ft 8. But looks ok :)

9. Luisiana Jones

Hope so MacFarc hope so ... :)

10. SethB6025

SethB6025 Well-Known Member

I'm 5'11", and my TE suit fits fine. Three inches will only make it more mobile. I figure it'd be more comfortable with an extra 1/2"-1" gap in a few spots. I think 6'2" is perfectly safe. I think Mike1536 is 6'0" and his TE looks fantastic.

11. Luisiana Jones

Thats some good news Seth B thanks for telling me :D seriously they are cuz as I said stormie is the costume I like not vader not fett, stormie FTW :lol

12. theatrix

theatrix Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

<div class='quotetop'>(Luisiana Jones @ May 26 2006, 05:01 AM) [snapback]1251006[/snapback]</div>
    I also have an AFX kit and I am 6 foot 1 1/2 inches (so close to your height). My main modification to the suit was to split the lower torsos (the abdomen/crotch plate and the lower back/buttock) underneath the belt area. After cutting the pieces apart I added a gap of approximately 2 inchs (basically 1/2 inch smaller than the ABS belt is wide). This allowed the torso armor to fit my body better (I have a long neck to lower back length). I also added a lot to my mobility as I can sit down a lot easier if needed.

13. Luisiana Jones

Could I see some pics theatrix of that modification, im just curious, if its no prob for you that is. :)

14. Darth Kahnt

Darth Kahnt Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Luisiana Jones @ May 26 2006, 01:16 PM) [snapback]1251174[/snapback]</div>
    I am 6'6 and had briefly considered a trooper before I got my Vader. Glad I chose Vader. :p

15. slave1pilot

slave1pilot Sr Member

I suppose I should chime in here.
    I myself am 5'10"
    however, 2 local troopers are over 6 feet
    Both have the FX armor IIRC
    one is 6'3
    That's him on the far right
    [​IMG]

The other is 6'7"
    I think you can tell which one is him ;)
    [​IMG]

16. seswa

seswa New Member

my husband is 6'6" and his FX armor looks incredible on him....

17. Luisiana Jones

<div class='quotetop'>(slave1pilot @ May 27 2006, 06:15 AM) [snapback]1251489[/snapback]</div>
    Awesome. :lol Thanks a lot guys, that guys is even taller than me and looks incredible.

18. Darth Domain

Darth Domain Well-Known Member

The other is 6'7"
    I think you can tell which one is him ;)
    [​IMG]
    [/quote]
    Bloody Hell :confused
    He's massive.

I have just aquired an FX kit, what are they like for sitting down in, does it not risk damaging the Buttock plate lsuch as snapping it etc.
    I find it sitting difficult down in vader stuff due to the cod being restrictive and the belt buckle catching the chest box

19. slave1pilot

slave1pilot Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Domain @ May 27 2006, 12:00 AM) [snapback]1251559[/snapback]</div>
    :lol
    That's a good one

20. Darth Domain

<div class='quotetop'>(slave1pilot @ May 27 2006, 01:49 PM) [snapback]1251612[/snapback]</div>
    That's a good one
    [/b][/quote]

I serious though, does it damage the Butt plate? :D

21. troopermaster

troopermaster Well-Known Member

Hey Luisiana,

Harrison Ford is 6' 1" and look how well it fit's him ;)

-Paul.

22. Luisiana Jones

lol hehe true troopermaster :D

23. Qui-Gonzalez

Qui-Gonzalez Master Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Domain @ May 29 2006, 04:47 AM) [snapback]1252532[/snapback]</div>
    That's a good one
    [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
    I think he is laughing because sitting is not an option.

24. Darth Domain

<div class='quotetop'>(Qui-Gonzalez @ May 29 2006, 03:30 PM) [snapback]1252606[/snapback]</div>
    That's a good one
    [/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
    I think he is laughing because sitting is not an option.
    [/b][/quote]
    Oh, OK

25. Jimbo890

Jimbo890 Well-Known Member

I stretched the shins and thighs on my custom set of armor I made as these parts from my FX suit sort of looked too short on me. and I'm 6'2" @185lbs.

Jim

26. wackychimp

wackychimp Well-Known Member

I'm 6'2" and it fits me well.

I have more mobility at the knees and hips because the pieces are spaced further apart (you just see a little more black). I can do stairs relatively easily whereas others I've trooped with really need a rail to help.

Still can't sit down though. :(

27. Luisiana Jones

<div class='quotetop'>(Jimbo890 @ May 30 2006, 02:08 AM) [snapback]1252824[/snapback]</div>
    Saw pics of u in ur website and u look great imho. :rolleyes

28. Treadwell

Treadwell Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Sitting down is an option if you separate the butt plate from the back plate (and maybe the cod from the ab) as previously noted. Also make sure your leg pieces are trimmed such that you can bend your knees to 90 degrees.

Mobility IS possible in armor, you just have to trim it right.

29. Luisiana Jones

lol seems wearing the armor can be a pain, hehe :)

30. Luisiana Jones

Aff, more questions Im lately considering too the AP armor also, it looks awesome and not as expensive as a TE, Ill give u guys more specified specs of me so u AP owners could tell me more about it. Just to know if I can consider it an option or not :S

Height: 6'2
    Weight:182
    Thigh: 23.6
    Calf: 15.7
    Chest: 38.2
    Stomach: 35.4

Size: Feet/Inches
    Weight: Pounds

31. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

....should fit.....depends how you are built, you may have to shim a few leg pieces, but I doubt it....

32. Luisiana Jones

<div class='quotetop'>(KevVader @ Jun 3 2006, 07:50 PM) [snapback]1255477[/snapback]</div>
    Good, btw u doubt it should fit, or that I should have to shim the leg pieces :S

PS. whats to shim, gosh sry for all the questions, but im not from an english speaking country :lol

33. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Luisiana Jones @ Jun 3 2006, 04:58 PM) [snapback]1255551[/snapback]</div>
    Good, btw u doubt it should fit, or that I should have to shim the leg pieces :S

PS. whats to shim, gosh sry for all the questions, but im not from an english speaking country :lol
    [/b][/quote]

I doubt that you'll have to shim them.....they should fit as is. Sometimes you have to shim the leg pieces with another flat piece of plastic in order to give it more girth to fit around your leg....I'm 6'4" 250 lbs with big legs...I would have to shim the thigh and calf pieces...

34. Luisiana Jones

Thanks a lot really m8 :)