Anyone have or know of a Chris Reeve lifemask?

Electronic Lids

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Maybe a daft question, I'm thinking there must be a reason I've never heard of one let alone seen one but on the search nonetheless.
- Col

Maybe a daft question, I'm thinking there must be a reason I've never heard of one let alone seen one but on the search nonetheless.
- Col

I've seen images of them in Cinefantastique and American Cinematographer - dating from the making of the original film. So, they did exist at one time. They existed for all of the main characters, and were used, I believe, as stand ins during the lighting and preparation for the various wire-rig flying scenes in the first 2 films.

Of course, who knows what became of those filming artifacts, but they were in existance 30 years ago.

Hope this isn't redundant to info you already have.

Regards,

M.

Propstore of London sold a couple a few years ago. They got them from the collection of Stuart Freeborn. Propstore's Superman costume display mannequin which is on show at The Movieum of London uses one of the enhanced lifemasks. They are INCREDIBLY hard to get hold of and also expensive!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back