Building the 8' Star Destroyer (superstructures done)

Re: Building the 8 Footer Star Destroyer Bridge and Neck

Thanks guys,

Lasse I'm very glad and honored you posted here. Your work was and still is one of my first inspiration.

I've finished the plating of the back. Then I sprayed a light coat of primer. I dont say the plating is 100% accurate, but I did my best to recreate what "I think" is right. Probably some mistakes though... Although once primed it looks nice IMHO :

8ft46.jpg

8ft47.jpg

8ft48.jpg

8ft49.jpg

8ft50.jpg

8ft51.jpg

8ft52.jpg

8ft53.jpg

2 or 3 parts are missing. I havent ID'ed them yet. I'll add them later if I ever find them, if not I'll scratchbuilt them prior to paint the whole thing.
I removed the large armor plate on the starboard side and replace it with a new one. Yeah, because this part has some tiny raised details on the back and I sanded them on my first attempt. Then I noticed that they glued it with those raised details which creates a void between the bridge and the part (very noticiable from the front).

I got balls ! Yeah, crystal balls, this time they are just about the right size !

8ft54.jpg

Since they are done by hand (OMG it's very heavy I dont know how I will secure them on the top of the bridge !), the faces are not evenly done. But it will not be very noticiable once I put all those triangular styrene chips on it.

Please let me know honest thought about the plating of the back ?

Thanks guys !

I've finished the plating of the back. Then I sprayed a light coat of primer. I dont say the plating is 100% accurate, but I did my best to recreate what "I think" is right. Probably some mistakes though... Although once primed it looks nice IMHO. Please let me know honest thought about the plating of the back?

Whoa, I've been following your project as you've been detailing and now seeing it primered I'm completely blown away! Can't wait to see more. :thumbsup

In general I think It looks really good with primer on it.
I wouldn't know what parts to nitpick anyway!

Can't you mold the crystal balls and cast them in resin?

Brad

The primer is so.....sweet!! Nice find on the crystal those must have some weight to them Julien!!

Re: Building the 8' Star Destroyer

Thanks for your comments guys !

Yeah Michael those are very cool but I think Brad made a good point, I will try to cast it !

Ok guys, I will build the whole thing, we have one life and life is too short, so let's go.

I prefer post it here since I would have more chance than in the junkyard,

I would like to buy all the Shinano hulls of the ones who want to sell it. AFAIK it's not used on any other Star Wars stuff (maybe the 3' ?). I havent count how many hulls I would need, probably 20 or 30 :lol Those are not easy to cast (at least with my skills)

shinanohull.jpg

I would also be glad to buy those parts also from the Shinano (I would need just a copy of each, I can cast those ones) :

shinanopart2.jpg

shinanopart1.jpg

I would like also to buy 2 of those parts (Mobelwagen) :

Mobelwagen-1-2.jpg

Thanks for your help, please PM for offer !

Hey guys,

I rebuilt the neck 3 times, the sides angle was off.

I added styrene plating (I had to do the scribbing job now) and some more parts (thanks to Martyn for his pics which were a huge help !).

As you can see I ran out of gun barrels, so I bought 20 Gneisenau and Scharnhorst (I was needing 11 of them to do the domes supports btw).

I still have a few parts to add/found.

8ft55.jpg

8ft56.jpg

Thanks for watching :)

You are a crazy man Julien!!:lol
There is a lot less empty space than when you started,
so I think you got it beat!!!:thumbsup Looking great
Jay!

Thanks guys, actually with the new ref pics I have, I noticed that my Morser Karl chassis (on the right) was not glued at the right place. So I removed it (I was not able to save the part) and I will replace it tomorrow ! Argh took me one hour to remove it carefully... And I had the plating finished... and scribbed... I have to redo all that !

Last edited:

Thanks guys, actually with the new ref pics I have, I noticed that my Morser Karl chassis (on the right) was not glued at the right place. So I removed it (I was not able to save the part) and I will replace it tomorrow ! Argh took me one hour to remove it carefully... And I had the plating finished... and scribbed... I have to redo all that !

:lol Ok I take that back now there is more empty space!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back