Back to the Future

Understood Tom and that's why I felt you were trying to make a profit off the cover with Roland or maybe a run in the future thats why i kept my mouth shut out of respect and not stepping on anyones toes.

What Roland shares is great for the forum and fans of bttf so yeah MUCH appreciated.

Anyway proceed everyone lol

I was planning on doing a run of my own Tales from Space cover (using the Red Ryder Add I obtained), but due to a lack of time, that run was not an option anymore. I still want a great Tales from Space cover for my own collection, however. And since Roland makes great paper props, I think he might do this prop too, once, so the add would help him out for the back of the cover.

Anyway, here it is for everybody. It seems that I can upload jpgs up to 10 Megs here... Enjoy the file (give it some time to load, it's huge!) and please don't use it in a commercial run! I share this file with everybody for personal use, or to use it in work that will be shared here. So I hope I don't see a run of Tales from Space covers in the junkyard using this Red Ryder Add. I might have put some tells in this add so I can trace it afterwards...

... That's why I sent Roland this file: he makes such great files and shares them for free! He could have made hundreds of dollars of profits by doing runs of these props himself, but he chooses to just share all his work for free. I can only admire this kind of generosity!

... What Roland shares is great for the forum and fans of bttf so yeah MUCH appreciated. ...l

Thank you both for the kind words. I really appreciate it. :)

Now let's continue with my free stuff. Today we turn our attention to the "Mattel Hoverboard".

Since the original one from Mattel, shown at the SDCC, is far from accuracy, I decided to build my own Hoverboard this summer. First step: making the decals for both board versions, the hero board and the stunt board. Of course, the lenticular on my hero board graphics is still just printed, but it looks more real than the pseudo lenticular on the stunt board. And even if you want to use real honeycomb lenticular at your own replica, you can use my hero board graphics: just cut away the printed lenticular. And don't forget the pink and light green velcro stripes on the upper sides of both board versions. ;)

Here are the files. I made A1 full size versions of both boards for those of you, who have access to a large industrial printer, and A3 / US-Tabloid versions for simple home or office printers. At the A3 and US-Tabloid versions each board side is divided into three parts.

And attention: the files are large (20-30 MB each).

The A1 poster size versions:

Stunt board: Mattel_Hoverboard_Decals_Stunt_Version_remade_by_Roland_Zubcic_A1.pdf
Hero board: Mattel_Hoverboard_Decals_Hero_Version_remade_by_Roland_Zubcic_A1.pdf

The A3 and US-Tabloid size versions:

Stunt board (A3): Mattel_Hoverboard_Decals_Stunt_Version_remade_by_Roland_Zubcic_A3.pdf
Stunt board (US-Tabloid): Mattel_Hoverboard_Decals_Stunt_Version_remade_by_Roland_Zubcic_US-Tabloid.pdf

Hero board (A3): Mattel_Hoverboard_Decals_Hero_Version_remade_by_Roland_Zubcic_A3.pdf
Hero board (US-Tabloid): Mattel_Hoverboard_Decals_Hero_Version_remade_by_Roland_Zubcic_US-Tabloid.pdf

Have fun with it. And good luck with your own Hoverboard build. :)

Preview pictures:

The A1 poster size versions:

attachment.php

attachment.php

The A3 and US-Tabloid size versions:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Great job Roland it looks like you put a lot of time and effort into this, and it shows.(y))

Thanks!

And you don't want to know, how much time it really was! :lol The most difficult part was it to make the pseudo lenticular on the stunt board.

Nice work!

I appreciate the lenticular pattern on the stunt board "bulges" in the correct spots (not all consistent sizes). Well done!

Would it be possible to download just the background patterns of each board as well?

Thanks much!

Grant

Roland,

You are a LEGEND! Those graphics look absolutely dead on, and to share them with the world after all that effort...amazing! Kudo's to you dude, you rock!!

You're AWESOME Roland. Your excellent work speaks for itself. Thank you so much for doing this and for sharing these designs for free.

The prop community and BTTF fans will always be grateful for all your hard work, especially knowing that they can now look forward to having an accurate hoverboard design without having to rely on companies like Mattel.

I'm very pleased to hear, that you all like my work. Thank you, guys. :)

... Would it be possible to download just the background patterns of each board as well? ...

Since these are PDF's, you can easily modify them to what you want with a program like Adobe Illustrator.

It's very easy to extract the background graphics from the PDFs. You just need your Adobe Reader. Click in the menu bar on "Tools" --> "Select & Zoom" and choose the "Select Tool" (it's the first one with the arrow). Then left click on the Hoverboard background to select it. Last step: choose in the menu bar "Edit" --> "Copy" to copy the image to your clipboard. Now you just need to insert it into your graphics software.

:)

attachment.php

What if we're from the US and we use different sizes of paper? I want to download the poster size. And when I printed my decals last time I went to a print shop. Would it be a problem for them?

What if we're from the US and we use different sizes of paper? I want to download the poster size. And when I printed my decals last time I went to a print shop. Would it be a problem for them?

I always make versions for both, the US and the rest of the world. But in case of the A1 poster size I don't know the conforming US paper size. The size of A1 is 841 mm x 594 mm (33.11 inches x 23.39 inches). If anyone can help me and tell me the correct US size, I will post US versions of the poster size graphics too.

BUT: if your print shop is good, they shouldn't have any problems with A1, even in the US. ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back