new SUPERMAN RETURNS trailer is up

"I think most of us think it looks good because we are hearing Williams' music. (his best ever IMO)
It would not be nearly as good without it.[/b]

Actually, no, that's not it.
Can't you just accept people might actually think it looks good on it's own merits?
By "most", I think you mean "you". ;)

I was never really interested in another Superman movie. Hearing all of the termoil the preproduction had been through, I was sure this would be an attrocity. However, I have to admit, I'm surprised by the trailer. I'm actually interested in seeing this movie now.

You can't screw-up a superman movie ( unless richard pryor is in it)

the guy could be fat and bald swinging from a string..and I'd watch it and buy the dvd.....hes just that big...

I think Kate Bosworth was miscast as Lois Lane.

They should've cast Mischa Barton. Someone with a Margot Kidder-like hardass bitch quality.

ocseasontwo3.jpg
margot.jpg

If Superman is returning... Kate Bosworth will have us all wondering why/how Lois Lane became so sugar sweet.

I think Lois is a BIG miscast as well.

I am not saying Margot was a great Lois but she was pretty good. She had that "spunk" to her, like Lois should have. Hatcher also had it.

Oh, she was cute at one point IMO too:

mrk019.jpg

mrk035.jpg

Since the "official" website doesn't seem to understand that some people have WIDESCREEN monitor.

I made a 1440x900 desktop image from the Official site. ("wallpaper" to you MS-Monkeys, you know it isn't paper and it doesn't go on a wall)

http://idisk.mac.com/micdavis/Public/super.jpg

P.S. Sorry a friend got laid off from MS yesterday and I am on a bit of an Anit-MS thing today. .....and I live in Seattle.

the new ad doesnt really make me want to see it, dont think it will be total trash from the trailer it looks like an ok movie, but not a must see for me, but then i guess thinking about it ive always been more of a marginal supes fan,

batmans always been my boy :p

but well like ive said before ill rent it for sure, but thats about it, the kid still looks like superboy, and if they were doing a begins type movie, i think he would suit the role more, let him grow into it over a few movies...... the suit doesnt look mega crap in some scenes, but that close up.....nerf ball :p

sadly wasnt to impressed at spaceys take on luthor either, i thought he would hit it out of the park and would be the best part of the flick, but looks like hes going for the same loony/a bit goofy version of lex like hackman did, which i was never a fan of in the first movies, thought they could do so much more with lex, but at least this time he doesnt have ottis.....at least someone please tell me he doesnt have an ottis?

wish they went more for that cold hearted super smart no non-sense buisnessman approach for the flick, a bit more like the lex from the justice league cartoon, spacey doing that approach to the role would be incredible,

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DrStranglove @ May 3 2006, 07:55 PM) [snapback]1237931[/snapback]</div>
Only problem so far is his eyes. They look like common low teck blue contacts to me. Hope that is just for one scean...
[/b]
Yeah, I wonder how much those contacts cost? They were probably thousands of dollars and custom made for the movie. And if so, I'll bet a much better pair of contacts could've been found off the shelf for a lot less that would've given Brandon more realistic looking blue eyes.

On another note, I always wished Jim Carrey had worn blue contacts when he portrayed Andy Kaufman in "Man on the Moon".

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back