Rubies Phaser pics. XI, Nero, and TOS

glim999

Sr Member
Just came across these. Thought a few of you might be interested. I know, I know, they're Rubies but they're really not too bad for a $10 price tag. Wait until after Halloween and you'll probably be able to pick the up at Wallyworld for $5 or less.

9138-large.jpg

I think this one will paint up nicely (after a good sanding) It's actually much more accurate in shape than the Playmates toy.

9171-large.jpg

Not sure what to make of Nero's phaser/disruptor yet. Looks vaguely Klingonish. I'll have to see it with it's proper colors before I'll form an opinion.

8766-large.jpg

This one came as a total surprise to me. Doesn't look too bad for what it is. I'm gonna buy up a bunch of these and mod the hell out of them :lol

These look like foam rubber or bad resin casts - what are they made of??

Last edited:
Well, these are prototypes probably (at least they look to be) so I have no idea what these are made of but the final product will be made from the same type of plastic as all the rest of their hand props, I'm sure.

That TOS phaser looks exactly like the DST/Art Asylum one that has been around for years.

Probably a cheap hollow copy with no features, for carrying around.

I can't wait to see somebody actually carring and white and orange phaser in public. :lol

The TOS is missing the p1 release rod at least. There may be other differences. Depending on how cheap it is it may be worth getting for the sake of repainting to have a carryaround dummy prop.

- k

Between this and the Playmates, the Rubies seems more accurate to the prop, though there are still variations (note that the emitter nozzle sticks out too far in front, and the button on the side is too far back). Also lack of thumbwheel on top (unless it was cut off in masking the photo).

phaserpropvtoys.jpg

Must Not Blast someone Else's work, Must Not Blast someone Else's work, Must Not Blast someone Else's work, Must Not Blast someone Else's work, Must Not Blast someone Else's work.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Why isn't there a smile than is sweating and eating his finger nails ?

I thought it was in the rules ? I want to be nice, and I want everyone to like me. So I been trying to follow rules.

Some one else go first.

Then I'll say something like " It looks like something a five year old made out of play dough"

Then everyone will like me right ?

I thought it was in the rules ? I want to be nice, and I want everyone to like me. So I been trying to follow rules.

Some one else go first.

Then I'll say something like " It looks like something a five year old made out of play dough"

Then everyone will like me right ?

No, not really.

That said, feel free to bash away at Rubies, man. We ALL know they make turds.

Nice to finally see large shots of those pics...Very cool for a cheap prop with a quick re paintjob on it.

Not much detail though :)

Well, I did pick up the RUBIES Han Solo Blaster -- and while it has obvious inaccuracies, for under $20 it is a GREAT costume piece that paints up nicely -- it comes in blue and orange plastic but paint it black and add some weathering, and it's a fantastic toy -- and it's full size.

So, the RUBIES phasers may be really cool, as a cheapie costume piece you can toss around and not be scared if it breaks.

Here's my thread on the Rubies Han Solo Blaster:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=52137&highlight=han+solo+blaster

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back