1:1 ROTJ EMPEROR BUST (Cyberman - GINO Project) !!!!!

Re: 1:1 ESB EMPEROR BUST (Revealed) !!!!!

Thanks again everyone... please remember though that its not just me thats behind this work... Sure I did the sculpting by Gino really put in a lot of time in on this aswell and did a lot of art direction.:thumbsup

Holy WOW!

Best Palpatine sculpt yet. :thumbsup :thumbsup

i said it over at SWP and i will say it here again...
BEST emperor i´ve ever seen, Phil!

your skills are unbelievable, never seen such likeness before...

:love:thumbsup

Thanks everyone for all the kind words.

I am so excited about this bust and am bursting.
This is the third bust Phil and I have done as a two man team.
First was Yoda, second was Darth Maul, and the third being this Emperor.
Each one more technically challenging then the last.
I absolutely love art directing these sculpts with Phil and this one was just as much as a pleasure as the others (although painful at times). But then again, no pain no gain.

I have to say that out of the three, this is my favorite.
The Emperor is one of my all time favorite characters in all of SW (maybe my second next to Vader).

We decided from the very beginning that our goal was to replicate Ian McDiarmid as he appeared on set in make up as opposed to an artist's interpretation of the Emperor character.
On set underneath the hood, this is how his head looked. In the film, the lower face was applied latex while the forehead and cheeks were foam rubber appliances. Each have their own unique texture and we strived very hard to replicate them as accurately as possible.

Here is a quick pic from the set of ROTJ

hood_off.jpg

Not only do I think that this will turn out to be a fine stand alone bust, but I CAN'T WAIT to see what it will look like finished up as a full size display. Yes, I think I'll be adding the hair to the back of the head. Why not, we've gone this far, might as well take it the rest of the way.

I think there is a good chance that Phil and I will continue on with some other sculpts after this one as long as other people continue to share our enthusiasm for these types of hyper-realistic SW busts.

I hope you guys enjoy seeing them as much as we love showing them.

I have some pics to post but it might not be until late tonight or early tomorrow.

INCREDIBLE, I have no words to describe it. Well done Phil and Gino.
This is proberbly the coolest SW sculpt so for.:thumbsup

Phil and Gino once again fantastic work both of you.:thumbsup

I just had to do some photoshoping with one of the pictures:lol

Young fool... now at the end. Do yOU UNDERSTAND!:lol

357245712.jpg

My jaw hit the floor and fell off. Amazing work guys.

First of all, let me say that this is easily one of the finest life size sculpts I have ever seen. Seriously. This blew me away!

Second is a question. I'm a little confused. The thread title says ESB Emperor. Wasn't he played by a different actor and had almost frog like eyes in ESB??

Doh!
You are totally right. I didn't even notice that Phil called the thread 'ESB'.
For shame.

It is totally ROTJ, Phil just need to edit the thread title.

Re: 1:1 ROTJ EMPEROR BUST (Revealed) !!!!!

Yiks... Don't know why I put ESB instead of ROTJ... Must have been tired and needing some kip.:confused

Thanks again guys... This has to have a few minor tweaks and refinements to the back of the head then its going under silicone by the end of next week. Can't wait to get it cast up and painted.:love

Phil

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back