Carbonite block: pics of the top and bottom?

Fetthunter

Sr Member
As I delve further into my HIC project, I've come to the conclusion that while I have pics of Han, the sides, and each individual side panel, I *don't* have pics of the top and bottom of the block.

Does anyone have pics of the top and bottom panels? These are the panels above Han's head, and below his feet - the small trapezoid-shaped panels.

I seem to remember a post awhile back of the block at an exhibit, where it was laying down. I can't find that post, and don't recall if it showed those particular panels or not...

Any help appreciated! :cheers

I think there's one from the Star Wars to Indiana Jones book, but it's very small and doesn't show any detail other than 3 open spaces.

You might want to check the HICBuilders yahoo group. See below for details.

check the HICBuilders yahoo group. See below for details.

Been a member for years! :)

I thought I saw pics of the block at an exhibit where it was on its "back" (facing up), and someone went around the perimeter of the stanchions filming it. Or I could be imagining the whole thing. :lol

I thoguht in one pic you could see the top or bottom (posted in the HIC builders group). I have planned (still not done) to make mine just recessed and flat. I may have taken a lead from one of the toys though.

Thinking of sort of the same pics.. any chance someone has some pics of the sides (the "Barrier" of where carbonite meets the square frame), and the bottom? Is it flat or sort of rough like the front carbonite part?

Got an idea percolating and might do something related...

Thanks in advance guys
Chris

I just grabbed it..knew I had seen something. Not much help...but maybe some photoshop expert can zoom and clean?

I'm no expert, but I zoomed in and sharpened (using the unsharpen mask):

carbbottom.jpg

If that's the bottom/top that we're looking at, then it appears that the carbonite block blueprints are incorrect (as far as proportions/dimensions of the recesses are concerned). :confused

So, now I'm in a quandry... Continue on with the carb blueprints as-is, or mod my templates to more closely match the "real deal"? :confused

Last edited:
Thought I'd repost this over here in this thread, too...

Another discrepancy with the carbonite blueprints:

The blueprints show the end pieces are trapezoids. This recently posted pic by Lonepigeon of the actual block at an exhibit in London seems to suggest that it's just a regular "block", and the end panels would be rectangular instead of trapezoidal. :confused

Since the pic is cut off on the bottom, I extended the lines out until they met to re-create how the panels should meet.

carbangles.jpg

Ok, now I'm *really* confused. :confused If it IS just a block with "square" edges and rectangular end panels, then where did the carb blueprint get that the angles are 85.5 degrees??? :confused

It IS a regular block, I saw it in Brussels. No trapezoid.

Wow... That really changes things... especially the panels that I've already CUT. :unsure Fortunately, it's easier to change a trapezoid into a smaller rectangle, than a rectangle into a larger trapezoid. :lol

All I have to do is cut off a small triangle-shaped piece on each side of the end panels to change them into rectangles:

block3.jpg

Good thing I didn't glue the panels together yet!!! :thumbsup

Thanks for the input, Kris!

And, back on topic, I just found this pic from ESB:

CARB1.JPG

Is it possible that the blueprints are correct for the top, but the recesses on the bottom panel are a bit different/not identical to those on the top???

Dont you top when the hook grabs the block.?

Btw.. i am looking for 2 panel of han in carbon i also plan to make 2 of these make the frame my self but i need han solo in carbon.

can you help me in the wanted direction.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back