Micro Machines Blockade Runner with 12 LEDs

hollywoodhardware

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
As a little tweak to my Randy Cooper SD, I pimped the little Micro Machines Blockade Runner for the docking bay. Still has to be repainted.

blockaderunner01.jpg

blockaderunner02.jpg

:D

Thomas

That's great! Is it wired up or did you do an internal battery? That looks good enough to display on its own.

Don't hide it away in the docking bay... mount it just in front of hte star destroyer, with electroluminescent laser beams flying back and forth. Pew pew! :)

94198102.jpg

Last edited:
Now THAT is great :thumbsup

How the hell did you fit all the leds in there?
C´mon, post a pic of the underside and shar eyour secret...pleeeeeaaase :D

Markus

Thanks again for the nice words! :)

Now THAT is great :thumbsup

How the hell did you fit all the leds in there?
C´mon, post a pic of the underside and shar eyour secret...pleeeeeaaase :D

Markus

Underside looks exactly like the upper side. All LEDs are contained. I cut the back of the piece, hollowed it out, drilled the holes and fit the LEDs.

Each LED usually runs on 3.3 Volts and I have a 12V power source for the SD. I did not want to use resistors because of the limited space in there, so I wired the upper 4 and lower 4 LEDs together.

Because there are only 3 LEDs in the mid section of the engines, I had the idea to use another LED for the cockpit :D

Thomas

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back