Watchmen props

Sweet buy Kroenen77, can you see how easy it would be to take the gun of the display? I have seen someone do it with the Constantine shotgun, but your never really sure how they are going to fix it.

Very nice Kroenen77. I might have to give this one another thought.

Just got my "Under The Hood" journal. Does anyone have a screen shot of the actual book? I could swear I remember seeing one.

norm-49ac76ca709ba-Watchmen+%282009%29.jpeg

Very nice Kroenen77. I might have to give this one another thought.

Just got my "Under The Hood" journal. Does anyone have a screen shot of the actual book? I could swear I remember seeing one.

Anyone here in San Francisco? The book is on display at the Cartoon Art Museum. Pics not technically allowed (but pretty easy to get away with if you don't use a flash). I don't think I got a pic of that particular display case though...

Oh, and apparently the premiere is tonight in Hollywood. Walked out of the building I work in and saw Archie parked in the middle of Hollywood Blvd being covered by a tent (it's raining).

Sweet buy Kroenen77, can you see how easy it would be to take the gun of the display? I have seen someone do it with the Constantine shotgun, but your never really sure how they are going to fix it.

I think its possible..the gun is very heavy and massive..but I don´t know,its glued or something else.I don´t wanna destroy it..but it would be great to remove the gun from the display,too.

Just 2 new pictures on http://www.flickr.com/photos/thenewfrontiersman/

Cool paper props collection...

In the trailer above http://www.accesshollywood.com/access-exclusive-scenes-from-watchmen_video_1020301, we can see the picture of the "Minutemen 1940" on the wall and in colours. With the end of the trailer, we have the Heroes in true colour.

So, I open the contest : redraw the picture in colours !

Open your Ph.t.sh.p and work hard for glory.

I will try it myself and post my work in few days...

Last edited:
I dare say that a more brave man/woman will attempt it soon. So if you are the one, post it here!

Ok..if I am the one..will post.

Here is another new shot of the propset..if you put some paper in the mask it looks a lot more better on the display:

Last edited:
Anyone thought about replicating Rorschach's journal? That would be an awesome prop to have displayed, since it's such an important (but hardly seen) prop. I swear I recently saw an image around here somewhere.

Anyone thought about replicating Rorschach's journal? That would be an awesome prop to have displayed, since it's such an important (but hardly seen) prop. I swear I recently saw an image around here somewhere.
I definitely want to replicate it but I'm not exactly sure how.
I found this journal:
http://www.amazon.com/Tan-Embossed-Leather-Journal-Lined/dp/B000OMIL2I/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_4
It seems to be about the same size and I believe the "Journal" text is the same font but possibly a bit smaller than the prop. It needs the year stamped below it, the gold removed from the "journal" text and it needs to be weathered to bleach it out and make it rough.
Here's a pic from the movie (it is not the correct color):
p1010534nr8.jpg

I definitely want to replicate it but I'm not exactly sure how.
I found this journal:
http://www.amazon.com/Tan-Embossed-Leather-Journal-Lined/dp/B000OMIL2I/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_4
It seems to be about the same size and I believe the "Journal" text is the same font but possibly a bit smaller than the prop. It needs the year stamped below it, the gold removed from the "journal" text and it needs to be weathered to bleach it out and make it rough.
Here's a pic from the movie (it is not the correct color):

Wow, great find! The "Journal" text is almost exactly the same. The coffee cup stains should be easy to replicate, just leave a hot coffee mug on there, and it looks like there's two stains overlapping. If I remember correctly the journal in the movie is a patchy light brown, with some darker brown in spots.

EDIT: Found the photo I was thinking of:

rorschach_journalprop.jpg

Last edited:
I would love that Sally Jupiter Tijuana bible... does that make me a creep?

The Comedian's Minuteman buckle, which you see in one of the more distrubing scenes, is a must!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back