Help autenticating Zam Gauntlet screen used prop large pic

My first question would be, what's the provenance? If you can't answer that question well enough to convince someone else, you may have a VERY difficult time reselling the piece. And as much as we'd all like to think we'll never have to resell something, I just sold my "holy grail" of screen-used props because I needed the money more than an expensive collectible even though it absolutely killed me to do it.

If you're getting it through a relatively trusted seller like Screen-used or the Propstore, you're probably safe.

If you're getting it from some guy who knew some guy that got it from some guy that got it "directly" from the movie set, I'd be very, very careful.

You've got to approach screen-used prop buying with a VERY skeptical eye. Don't fall into the "I want to believe" category so many others do...

If you've got an account on the movie prop forum, that'd also be a good place to ask your question.

It was aquired buy the person who I am in talks with from another person who worked on the set in Australia. I was told this is where Zam's shots were filmed. Can anyone confirm that.Chris

I was not provided any information at the time as I wasn't really interested.I would say if he cant tell you where it came from and has no provenance or authenticity details then I would pass on this.

It's legit, totally legit. Don't pass on it. Get it and make some castings. The Zammers would love you for it.

That same gauntlet was sold on ebay a few years ago. A couple of Zammers tried to win it but lost. We have been trying to track it down for some time and it finally resurfaces!

471bwa9.jpg

561buz6.jpg

Last edited:
I have this baby in my hand and I must say that it is the most beautifull thing I have seen(minus my kids and wife)

I have to think that there arent many people out there who have the joy of owning a screen used prop. It has been my dream since I was a kid like most of us.

My wife's first response was great now we can sell it and by a van for me and the kids lol.

biker

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back