New Cool Props From Outlander Movie?

SWORDS!:love
But, are we sure it's a direct to dvd film?
Because it seems quite original and entertaining (and looks well-made) to be "wasted" on a direct to dvd release...

ive been waiting for this one for a long time, heard about it from a few people in the biz, and even saw some behind the scenes of creature effects and some other stuff i think 2 years ago? and it looks good, and is an interesting story.

but from what ive heard in the last week or so, the last few "viking" movies ie: pathfinder, beowoulf (spelling?) havnt done what the studio had hoped, and thats what thier putting thier train of thought behind

so they may be putting this one out to pasture, it has a dvd release date at a few online sites, but im still hoping it gets a proper theater release.

it cost 45 mill. so thats alot to drop strait to dvd

Yea... Rewiuve say its sopoesed to be good. But it said they dont belive it soposed to be shown in the cinema in USA,,, maybe europe hopefully.

I belive this will be very good.

This is the first I've heard of this movie, but holy cats does it look kick-ass!

It almost looks like a combination of 13th Warrior and Riddick.

Ditto on this being the first I've heard of it too... looks cool. Viking flicks definitely don't have much of a good track record so maybe it will be direct to dvd here in the states. I'm definitely going to be on the lookout for it regardless.

I´ve just seen the movie here in Spain(Tenerife) and I liked it very much.
The creatures are very cool a kind of predators from a devastated planet,I would describe them as a mixture of little godzillas with the Balrog monster,the storyline,the contrast between the planets and the future from one side and the vikings with their old swords and spears rock!
The futuristic armours the extintion of the morwin creatures,amazing.
There´re a couple of underwater shots really well done.Lots of blood,decapitated bodies and limbs,violence and cool gore......and a savage Ron Pearlman playing Gunnar.
Predator+Pitch Black+ 13 th Warrior+Beowulf+Halo= OUTLANDER
It was a very nice surprise for me,a total sleeper IMO.

The hero´s futuristic gun design is very similar than Gears of War,the helmet looks like Appleseed´s Briaderos with 4 red lights, two on each side of the front.
The sword forged with the spaceship´s material looks like one of the Highlander´s grips mixed with Albion´s blade from Conan.Very cool combination and references for every sci-fi fan,believe me!

I like the cast: James Caviezel, Sophia Myles, Ron Perlman, John Hurt equal awesome.

The story concept is kinda of a SciFi Beowulf, which sounds cool.

And the trailers look decent.

Why is The Weinstein Company dumping on this? :confused

Per the Google Translastion page. I know these automatic translaters can be hit and miss, but this headline cracked me up. Alien banana!?!? It translated (from Enligh to English) Aint It Cool News to Is It Not Cool News. :lol

Here is alien bananas in Norway

Some who said "right on dvd"?

Romantic: But the "Outlander" is not as bad as it might seem, according to advance reports.

(Dagbladet.no): The film "Outlander" contains seemingly most: Male bad aliens, krigerske and amorøse Vikings, a couple of big stars - and the Norwegian fjords. annonse

The film - which was for sale on the market at this year's Cannes Festival - has a budget of 210 million, equivalent to ten Norwegian blockbusters.

Well received
Amazon.com has announced that they will give out dvd'en 18 November, writes Slash Film. The film - which have names such as Ron Perlman and John Hurt in the role of the list - have been shown at several film festivals and fantasy in recent months, and had tildels very positive reception. Its fate in the theaters in the United States have been Uviss. The Weinstein Company has bought the rights to the film, but they have had it on hold.
Certain aspirations to a larger theater opening, there have been, especially after the writer Moriarty on the popular film since Is not It Cool News wrote an open letter to super-producer Harvey Weinstein in which he requested that the movie had to have a wide distribution.

Monster amok
Moriarty admitted that he had great expectations for the film based on the trailer, and the fact that the last Viking movie from Hollywood ( "Pathfinder", based on the Norwegian "wizard") was so miserable.
- But I cost me with this, and I think there's an audience for the film. It's like when I saw the first "Predator" movie. I had no expectations, but it proved to be a pleasant surprise, he wrote.

On the blog to "Outlander" is emphasized that the degree of distribution has not been determined, and that The Weinstein Company is a contract obligation to show it to the movies. A definitive decision is expected within the next few days. In "Outlander" a spaceship lands in Norway about 700 years. Out of the wreck comes a malicious monster and an extraterrestrial warrior. Monster runs amok and begins to kill the Norwegian Vikings, while the warrior trying to stop the bloodshed. The film was also recorded in Newfoundland, and the Viking ship in the "Outlander" is modeled after the Oseberg ship.

• Update: Euforia film has purchased the rights to the "Outlander" in Norway. Probably it will be set up on the movie in February-March 2009

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back