Hero X-Wing Build

Hello folks.

I hate to bother you all with my own problems :confused, but I really need help for some kit parts ID. The parts I need are numbered in this pic.

Thank you very much in advance.

Rafael Mateo

X-Wing_info.jpg

Hi Rafael,

Part numbers 9, 11 & 12 look like they are from the Bandai 1/15 Stug IV. I think part #10 is from the 1/500 Nichimo Yamato.

Cheers, John

Continuing my research, I believe that detail 2 comes from Hasegawa 1/72 Sherman, and may be that the piece 5 too. :confused

Rafa

OMG!!! That's GREAT!!!

MANY MANY THANKS.

Now, if I'm not very wrong, I have all the parts ID on a 1/24 X-Wing and can start my project.

Just a new question:
Several months ago I bought the Revell 1 / 32 F4F Phantom II kit, but to my disgust, the parts for the X-Wing rear engines don't come in this kit.
Don't want to be wrong again so, can someone tell me which of the Revell kits are correct?

Many thanks again for this great help.

Rafa

Thanks Beaz! I'd also wondered if a couple of those were still unidentified. Still a couple of parts on this and the ESB at-st that I've been scouring the earth to look for (without luck so far).

Happy to help, guys.

And yeah, it'll be time for a beer or two once we finally identify those two unknown parts on the wingtips, along with two or three mystery parts in the cockpit.

Sorry to hijack...

ESB AT-ST:

- the upper inner thigh part that looks like the side of a tank hull with idler wheel. Or maybe it's a firewall piece of a car kit. Can be seen in the 3/4 view of it. Also, there's something glued on top of it that only shows up in shadows further forward. Allan did a pretty good simulation of the piece, but I'm still searching for the real deal(s).

- and the toe shroud. It looks like an engine nacelle or cockpit/canopy area of something...

I've tried all sorts of computer searching and even looked at old catalogs and still can't figure them out! :)

Last edited:
Annnnd those are the two I have no idea about either. :sleep Yeah, we're still scratching our heads (and scratching those parts!)

/end hijack ;)

Hijack on (for two seconds lol) Scott/ Jason, i went through the Stuka (a kit id not really checked) for these too the other day, NOTHING....i still feel, at least for the thigh plate, its a kit we have.
Seems so odd for it to be a non ID'd kit entirely.....but the lack of a good pic is infuriating.
Ive got the thigh part scratched, have done for some time, but ive been glueing it on for an age now...its like ill fit it, then find the damn part, so im holding out :lol

lee

Well, since this is my build thread I call no worries on the parts-id hijack. Every so often I pull something out of the cabinet over my work area and that ESB AT-ST armature box falls out and hits me on the head. So, I intend to build that one soon too, before I get hurt...

Wear a hard hat Kevin, over time you wont even notice the thud lol, hope you do get on her soon, ive a feeling, you'll do one hell of a job. Again, sorry to divert your thread guv'na!

lee

Just wanted to add one more thought: since the AT-ST was built after the experience on galactica, if I've got the dates right (still have to finish reading making of ESB book), I've been going through all of the donor models used on the galactica trying to find any that might be the parts. At least their presence on the galactica gives a date as to what kits were available and when. No luck so far when I've searched scans and open boxes of those kits.

Neither would be too hard to scratch build, but not being able to see the inner thigh part makes it hard to scratch, but also hard to deny it's wrong.

Oh yeah, and that box on the sherman part by the guns on the x: it's just a box. That's going to be a hard one to find, but then again, it's just a box mostly. Sometimes I just want to get on with it so I won't still be searching when I'm 80 years old!

Thanks for clearing things up. Looking at the four casting together really shows how much the solid fuse has shrunk. I may have to scrap mine and get a hollow fuse. Nice work man and thanks fir all your work in identifying the most accurate x-wing.

Just a thought. Any idea how the Dave G casting fits in with these. His canopy looks great and was removed from the bird correctly.

I posted in thread that it's my opinion that his castings descended directly from the ICONS patterns I ended up with, the dark gray TC-1630 castings. There are some "tells" that were added to that pattern that show up in DaveG's castings.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back