My complete TDK Joker costume & Gala pictures

SITHcamaro

Just got back from tonight's TDK Gala.

That movie was a BLAST!!!

And on top of it all, I met Christopher Nolan & Gary Oldman.
Nolan's wife flipped, when she saw my costume. She was especially impressed that I had (made) the shirt fabric. Nolan's only complaint was about the only piece I did not make: the socks! He said they were too bright, and needed to be darkened a little bit. :lol

Afterwards, I went down to the financial district (where a few scenes were shot), and took a few pictures.

HIT ME!

hitme42_edited.jpg

hitme43_edit.jpg

IMG_3499.jpg

IMG_3504.jpg

hitme9_edit.jpg

IMG_3534.jpg

hitme20_edit.jpg

hitme37_edit.jpg

hitme17_edit.jpg

"Nolan's only complaint was about the only piece I did not make: the socks! He said they were too bright, and needed to be darkened a little bit"

That's awesome he took notice !

Looks kickin brother!
If you want to do the scar on the cheeks,gelitan appliances work great and move freely with the face. Or if you want,there is, i believe its called dragon skin. Its a silicon material that also moves excellent with the face. Its better in many different way than foam latex appliances. Both the gelitan and dragon have that realistic transparency like real skin does. Not sure what they used in the film.

Last edited:
Very cool! Everything looks great!

:thumbsup

I was there too, but earlier. I saw the bat-pod and the tumbler while they were setting up for the dinner.

Alas, no tickets for the gala...

:cry

I'm very jealous that you got to meet Gary Oldman!

Thanks Matt.
I was wondering when some of those pics would pop up. Those bloody paparazzi mauled me, when I stepped outside. lol

I've tried the gelatin before. I was going to do it for yesterday, but it just wasn't working for me that day, so I just grabbed the collodion instead. I wish I could find a good tutorial for it, online. I've made it work before, but I still haven't got a 100% success rate.

In the film, they used some sort of new silicone process. Apparently he thought it felt natural, and it blended perfectly for the cameras. And I was looking carefully, and it did look really well.

I gotta agree...that is an awesome effort!! Well done. I really love it. Great costume from a brilliant film. I wonder if it sent chills down Gary's back standing next to you. I mean Heath is no longer with us unfortunately. Might have felt creepy as you pulled it off so well LOL

BTW Where's the lowdown? How did you put it all together?

Regards
TAZ

BTW Where's the lowdown? How did you put it all together?

Regards
TAZ

Not a whole lot to say. Just a lot of superfine gabardine wools. If I find something I don't have to dye, I just may try going with a 120 wool, for the jacket.
Otherwise, had to hand pinstripe the pant fabric, and had to send the shirt fabric off to be printed on.

And ravenger, I think I got your PM. But I've been so damn busy, I haven't had the chance to respond to you yet.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back