My TDK Joker Getup - Near Complete (finally)

nickytea

Master Member
I've been working on this on and off since November, but finally got my butt into gear to finish it up for the Tuesday viral pre-screening.

I put the makeup on here, but skimped on the green hair for these pics.

I'll take some more at the screening tomorrow, and be sure to post them.

gort-017.jpg

gort-007.jpg

gort-016.jpg

gort-019.jpg

gort-008.jpg

Forgive the black pants, I wasn't able to finish them. ( I think I have some grey ones around here that should suffice for tomorrow.)

Let me know what you guys think!

You have the look down cold. I only see two issues...the shirt is a bit light and the hair, but you will no doubt stringy that up when the time comes.

Dude, where are the details?!?!

I really like the stuff you've got together. Congratulations on a great looking outfit.

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

And you're right about the shirt. This was made back in NOVEMBER! Very limited reference at the time, definitely needs to be updated.

Also, the tie is an extreme temporary! It's just something from around the house to fill the hole till I get around to it. (before comic con for sure.)

Dude, where are the details?!?!

Not much to tell, really.

I got the overcoat fabric from a little shop in LA. (I believe it's called the fabric district?) 100% wool gabardine, I talked the guy down to 10 bucks a yard. I patterned it myself based on an existing jacket. (I'll admit, I had to cut a few corners and just keep telling myself "It's just a costume ...") Found some orange lining fabric at Joann;s

The vest is some discount fabric from Joann's, patterned from one of their standard dress vest patterns.

The shirt was a white button up shirt that I ironed on. It doesn't really extend much beyond what you see, so Jacket-off pics are not an option!

Gloves are black leather gloves I had laying around that I PAINTED. (Haven't chipped at all yet, but I am planning to upgrade.)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back