Star Trek V - Communicator

Seeing these just remind me of just how close to perfect STIII got to honoring the props from the original. I'd love to get one to display with the STIII Phaser I have.

Little late to the thread, what's the combat phaser by MR? is it a kit or a licensed replica?

Does anyone know of a kit for sale of that one?

It was a replica with lights and sound done by Master Replicas before they went under. It shows up on eBay now and then. Search the board here; lots of people have posted pictures. It was the phaser used in Star Trek V and VI.

I've still got my fingers crossed for an Art Asylum ST:V phaser. I hope that the TWOK Phaser did well enough to warrant it. If so, I'm sure that we can count on seeing an accompanying ST:V communicator in the following year or two.

It was a replica with lights and sound done by Master Replicas before they went under. It shows up on eBay now and then. Search the board here; lots of people have posted pictures. It was the phaser used in Star Trek V and VI.

:thumbsup I wasn't sure if MR was a guy on the forum or a company :lol

I've allways wanted one way back when playmates made them, cept I didn't buy it then. people are selling those for 150$ :eek I'm seeing the MR @ 300$ and no doubt the build quality is superior. Tis a handsome piece.

Seeing these just remind me of just how close to perfect STIII got to honoring the props from the original. I'd love to get one to display with the STIII Phaser I have.

You can buy a built Star Trek III Comm with electronics made by HMS from Roddenberry.com. They go for about $600.00. They also sell it in kit form for a lot less.

Here's one I started working on last week. It should have a lid in the next few days or so.

vcomm.jpg

That looks great.

Please tell me you are thinking of doing a run of them.

Thanks ....

Unfortunately, no. I only had the one ST:III comm on hand that I slightly modded for the Trek V look. Luckily, I was able to find a lid for it, too. Otherwise it would have remained a half-naked comm.

That looks really great.

I've been trying to get a STV Comm forever, but it seems like I'm never in the right place at the right time.

The person who's been planning on doing this for the last several years has been working 93 hour work weeks with the promise of a break at some point. Shame he doesn't get paid overtime or else he could have retired already. I have faith it'll happen.

Ok....well, that's a pretty good reason. Good luck to him. When and if he gets some time I'd be happy to help him out with that retirement fund.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back