Boushh Helmet Sculpt...almost there

The mold is open and ready to go! I plan on getting material into the mold next week. I should have some pics soon!

Todd

Just saw this thread. really great work you have done and yes it was smart to get Ken to mold it. He's a great guy and one hell of a mold maker :thumbsup We worked together about ten years back. BTW, this is the standard way of making a case mold. There are variants like two, three or four part silicone but there is an advantage of one piece with a slit cut. Can't wait to see the final part.

Cheers,
Jeff

I finally got the mold into the rotocast machine for its maiden run!!!! And here is the first pull from the mold!!!!!

DSC05369.jpg

DSC05372.jpg

DSC05374.jpg

DSC05381.jpg

DSC05382.jpg

More to come!!!!

Todd

How did the first rotocast turn out? Did the material get heavy on one side or did you get the speed right the first time? Anyway, looks great!!:thumbsup

Thanks for the compliments everyone...I'm happy this project is nearly finished so I can move on to the next challenge!

How did the first rotocast turn out? Did the material get heavy on one side or did you get the speed right the first time? Anyway, looks great!!:thumbsup

It looks like we had the speed dead on the first time out! We ran the inner speed at 12 and the outer at 6. The casts are very evenly distributed, no thick spots, no webbing, and the interior is like glass!!! Its all looking good!!!

Todd

Very educational thread, thanks for sharing...

This is great, Todd let me keep the mold at home and pull some as time permits, so Here are some pictures of the birth of more helmets :love

Thanks Todd for letting us play with your BUSH. :angel

DSC05447.jpg

DSC05440.jpg

DSC05441.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back