Interest Thread-Georgia/Southeastern Prop Party.

Yeah, I'm sure Jacksonville would be nice and I love the beach, but I think were gonna try and keep this as close to the Atlanta area as possible. That location sounds fine to me Noeland.:thumbsup

The thought of attending my first RPF prop party is exciting. What are the requirements for attendance? Do you have to take props for a public presentation or something?

Do these prop gatherings usually last for only one day? What exactly goes on at these gatherings?

Well I've never been to one myself, but I would imagine that anyone is welcome whether they are able to bring any props or not. I believe the actual "prop party" will be a one day thing, but for the sake of not being rushed, especially for those that have a long drive or a lot to bring, set up, and take back down, some of us will probably opt to make a weekend of it and enjoy hanging out a bit.

Hey guys, I'm knee deep into editing my new short film, but I will have the first rough cut of it off to the producer in Miami on march 1st. After that, I'll jump head first into getting this prop party setup.

Promise.
Njc----------

Not real sure what goes on a prop party. My best guess would be:

1. Display of our priceless collections to each other
2. Discuss ways in wich to better our collections, or at least alter them to look more scrren accurate
3. Drink Beer
4. Show unique finds and places to gather prop making material
5. Drink more beer.
6. Perhaps demonstrate how to build a prop (armor, etc)
7. Does anyone have another beer!

:cool

Movado

Well....sounds like a plan to me! :love :lol

Sounds really cool, since I've never been in an ARMOR/PROP PARTY before. I cannot wait until I finish my Italian SNOW armor, that I've been having in a box for about two years. :eek

Last edited:
Man, looks like this is gonna be big. Good thing Noeland knew what to do, my first reaction was to have this at someone's house, I thought maybe only a few people would even be interested. :confused

Do we have a solidified date yet? I"m trying to lock in schedules for the next few months. I've got work conflicts out the butt with everything right now. Chris, I got your phone call, but I just haven't had the time to phone back. I'm hit or miss right now at home.

Movado

I've thrown a couple of dates out to Noeland so he can check availability for the venue. I'm thinking either the weekend of May 2nd or 16th, that should give everyone sufficient time to plan their schedules, but we will have a firm date soon, hang tight.

Chris

I will call tomorrow and see if the weekend of May 16th is available! I'm wrapping up my involvement in the short film this week, so I'll finally have some free time!!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back