Interest Thread-Georgia/Southeastern Prop Party.

I could be in depending on dates. What actually is involved in a prop party? :rolleyes It would be nice to match faces with board names.

Last edited:
Not real sure what goes on a prop party. My best guess would be:

1. Display of our priceless collections to each other
2. Discuss ways in wich to better our collections, or at least alter them to look more scrren accurate
3. Drink Beer
4. Show unique finds and places to gather prop making material
5. Drink more beer.
6. Perhaps demonstrate how to build a prop (armor, etc)
7. Does anyone have another beer!

:cool

Movado

I think Movado has the idea. If we end up doing this at redtop mountain or another hotel then those who would like could probably come in on Friday evening and we could hang out and shoot the bull(drink beer), but I would imagine Saturday would be best for the main function.

Really I was just kidding, I hate beer.:lol I don't drink anymore at all for medical reasons, other than a glass of wine occasionally, you'll fit in fine..

I'm not saying it has to be a sober prop party . . . but I don't drink either!

hahahahahahaha.

That's kind of funny.

I was figuring we'd get a place big enough for everyone (like a meeting room) and on saturday we'd all setup our props in one big room with our own tables and stuff, and just hang out, take photos, and chat about the stuff we normally post about here. Drool over each others collection and what not, maybe trade tips and tricks for builds, bring unfinished projects and discuss what needs to be done to complete them, stuff like that.

I know that for me it will just be nice to talk about this stuff with folks who enjoy it as much as I do. In my day to day life I don't really discuss this stuff with anybody but my girlfriend and she thinks it's all pretty silly.

;)

I'd probably bring out my whole BR collection, and my ever growing collection of blasters and replica sci-fi guns and such.

Ditto on the PKD collection.

I'm gonna bring my Sidkit, I will need some tweaking advice.

Just to clear the record, I hate beer also. It just seemed funny to say it. Anyway, I would bring most of my stuff, including Vader, TK suit, etc. My sabers, etc. It would be fun to just disucss stuff and I am game for anything.

Movado

Well, Redtop wanted a small fortune for the use of one of thier meeting rooms, and was not willing to give us a break on the prices of the hotel rooms, even as a group.

SO, I am considering a place in Tyrone, GA that is just south of the city and is an event center on a small golf course (with a bar and grill, and a nice game room inside the club house). There is a large hotel across the street, and it's a rural area, lots of restaurants close by and such, but it's a nice quiet area.

How would you guys feel about that?

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back