Braks and Mirax's Screen Used Spartan Hoplite from 300

Thinking about getting/commisioning a bust from one of the characters from the movie to complete the ensemble? And the costume looks fantastic!

You know, the mannequin looks good with it, but what about painting it? Airbrush the muscles, abs, etc. so it looks as tough as the gear it's wearing...

You've gone this far, that would just set it off! :angel:cool

-Rex

We have considered this and MIGHT go for it... The only concern I have is that it might in some way detract from the actual costume... I dunno... Plus we would have to find someone who can actually use an airbrush... It is sad that both Mirax and I own one but neither of us are very good with it...

We have considered this and MIGHT go for it... The only concern I have is that it might in some way detract from the actual costume... I dunno... Plus we would have to find someone who can actually use an airbrush... It is sad that both Mirax and I own one but neither of us are very good with it...

I don't think it would detract, if done well, it would blend w/ the outfit. Right now, it sorta screams it's own direction.. :cool

Maybe if it wasn't soooo pale colored it wouldn't be so noticeable. For me at least bro, I "look around" it, at the outfit is so dramatic, then there's this pale skinned dude wearing it...:lol:lol

Really, really nice score bro. That must have been cool, looking through all the stuff to find the ones you got!

-Rex

Well, if you're going to airbrush skin tones and muscles, then you're going to start having to worry about tonal variations, lest it look like a big ol' ken doll - which Mirax might not mind, but you might ;) :lol.

Maybe paint it a satin or high gloss black. It'll be less distracting from the costume.

-Fred

OUTSTANDING!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Great score Braks and Mirax!! :thumbsup That is one awesome display! Very cool you were able to screen id it to! You know, the mannequin looks good with it, but what about painting it? Airbrush the muscles, abs, etc. so it looks as tough as the gear it's wearing...

You've gone this far, that would just set it off! :angel:cool

-Rex

Fantastic job.

But I agree the flesh colored mannequin takes away a bit. Personally with full scale figures I like a stark white mannequin and face to show off the costume or helmet.

Actually, they had the suit on a stark white mannequin at Prop Store and the white was distracting. We initially thought white or black would be great for this but after seeing that we felt that the mannequin would stand out too much and distract from the suit so we went with the flesh color which we felt turned out terrific.

One nitpicky issue I had with the film (and don't get me wrong - I love it & own the DVD for the same reasons you all do!) was that they broke off the arrow shafts on the outside of the shields and not on the inside, where the arrow heads could still do serious damage... :rolleyes Sure, it's more dramatic, but it really served no offensive or defensive purpose. Call me nuts, but I'd hate to have my arm strapped on the inside with all that razor-sharp metal poking at me! :lol

Now back to your regular programming...

- Prisoner 655321

Actually, they had the suit on a stark white mannequin at Prop Store and the white was distracting. We initially thought white or black would be great for this but after seeing that we felt that the mannequin would stand out too much and distract from the suit so we went with the flesh color which we felt turned out terrific.

Now, don't misunderstand me...:confused I think it looks TERRIFIC as it is, but just think it could look even beyond Terrific!! (y)thumbsup(y)cool:cool

Why don't you just slather up the mannequin with vegetable oil and call it good.

Not like that would be different from any other random night at the Braks/Mirax house. :love

The sword is real and there were only 10 of these available.
spartan_sword.jpg

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back