Calling All Owners Of Screen Used Indiana Jones Memorabelia!

agent5

Sr Member
I'm posting this for a friend over at Club Obi Wan in hopes that some of you will take interest. I know some of you have original props, costume and production materials from the Indiana Jones films and I thought some of you might like to participate and give Rick a hand in putting together the best and most thorough Indy exhibit ever displayed. I know it's asking alot to send such valuable material to someone you don't know personally, but I can vouch for Rick, who has had many years of experience as a museum curator. He knows his stuff and knows how to handle it. I have faith that my items will be properly handled, displayed and returned to me in the state they were given. If you have any questions, please contact Rick (not me) at the e-mail address provided at the bottom. Also, if anyone can think of any other forums to post this at, please post them here and many thanks!

Greetings to all!

This is an open invitation to any and all members who own original screen used props, costumes and production material from all 4 Indiana Jones films to have them put on display in an actual Museum! This just may be the largest display of Original Indy material to date!!!
The Glenn H. Curtiss Museum in Hammondsport, NY will be hosting a month long exhibit running from May 15 to June 16, 2008 featuring the four Indy movies and the Young Indy Chronicles to coincide with the release of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
We are currently building special display cases for the items and are designed to fit the "decor" of each film. At the moment we have arraigned for the exhibit these original screen used items:

Raiders of the Lost Ark -
Marion's Chain for the Ra headpiece
Shot Glass from the Raven Bar
Sallah's Banknote made for the Cairo scenes
Deitrich fx face casting
Afrika Korp Cap
Afrika Korp Tunic
Flying Wing Remnants
Chachapoyan Temple Remnants
Production Storyboards

Temple of Doom -
Lao Che's gold Coins & Pouch
Chen's Webley Revolver
Ceremonial Knife used to cut open the Snake at the banquet
Banquet Beetles
Banguet Eyeball
Bug Tunnel Beetle
Thuggee Bow & arrow
Slave Child 's Turban
Indy's Holster

Last Crusade -
Sallah's Fez
Production Storyboards

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull -
The Dean's desk items (4) from Marshall College
1957 Schwinn Bicycle used as set dressing, Marshall Coll.

Young Indiana Jones Chronicles -
The Bust of Kha from the Egypt episode
Temple panel from the Peacock's Eye episode

There will also be displays on the Jacket and Fedora of each film.

I will pay for shipping of the items (to and from the museum) within the US only and will be building the cases and exhibit materials.
The museum is picking up the cost of insurance ($2 Mill.), 24 hour security for the duration of the exhibit, advertising and some exhibit materials.

If any of you would like to participate in the Exhibit, please contact me either at curator@glennhcurtissmuseum.org or leisenring@usadatanet.net for full details. Shipping (in the U.S.), Cases, Security, Insurance, provided.

Thank You All.
icon_wink.gif

Curator Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this some sort of trap? Will Spielberg be waiting by the door to club people in the head and repossess his stuff? :lol

Might send him with a bar of soap and maybe a sandwich as well. Might be a bit gamey by the time he arrives otherwise.:sick:lol

The trap comments are funny. I think if Lucasfilm really wanted these items badly they would have scooped them up when they were up for auction. No...Rick is on the up and up. Many COW members visited him earlier this year and took a tour of his museum where he had a mini-exhibit set up. He said it was the interest in these items that prompted his boss to allow a larger Indy exhibit for the release of the new film.

If any of you are considering lending your items but are borderline or just not comfortable in doing so, just e-mail Rick and I'm sure you can set up a phone conversation to go over all the details. Hopefully that will set things at ease.

I know some of you have some original Indy props. It'd be cool to see a totally themed Indy exhibit worth showcasing. I hope at least some of you will consider.

I'm well aware this is a replica prop forum but I'm posting here because I know for a fact that some who are members here have ORIGINAL screen used props/costumes/production material.

Bumping this now since they're getting the props together. If you have the courage to have your props displayed then please contact Rick at the e-mail addy above and help make this an even better exhibit.
rickposter8x14copy.jpg

Gracias!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back