Halloween (new) screen used prop

KnightAsylum

Sr Member
I don't normally own any screen used props as they tend to be out of my price range. but this last week I was in LA getting some things out of storage and while I was in town I was staying with Tyler Mane (and his family) He had all sorts of great props from the new Rob Zombie Halloween flick, including a couple of his Michael masks, some files from the asylum, etc, etc. Knowing that I am not only a prop geek, but also a huge original Halloween fan he gave me the hospital band he wore on-screen. Since it is my only screen used prop I will have to do something cool with it, put it in some kind of frame, I did get a real kick out of trying on the masks as well.
Here is the pic (I blocked out 2 of the numbers so it can't be copied - not that anyone here would do that but some folks recommended it since you can't read the numbers on screen either) Anyway, Since I rarely get to share anything "new" I thought I would, here it is.
Band.JPG

As a side note, the following day Tyler got a call from Rob asking if he would come down to the studio for a screening of the final cut of the film. Since I was there I tagged along and it was a great experiance, meeting Rob was cool, and seeing the film (which I LOVED) was great, but it was seeing at the studio which was fun. It was just a room with a 1/2 size movie screen in it, and 6 leather recliners. Tyler, myself, Rob, the special effects guy (can't remember his name) and one other guy watched the film. Now I have been to screening before in LA, but never one with just a couple of people, and never in such a private setting. Now I want to wach all my movies that way.:rolleyes All I need it a big room, a movie projector and screen and a top of the line lazy-boy chair in the middle of the room. Just a great time, and I got a cool prop in the process. It makes me miss living in LA:cry

Last edited by a moderator:
That is AWESOME!

Well before it hit theaters! :cool

Really looking forward to this flick. :)

What an experience! Ive done some cool things with some really cool movie actors and such, but Ive never been to such a private screening. That must have been a life highlight man! Nice to hear that Rob was cool, he sure seems that way in all the interviews ive seen.

Last edited:
Great prop, Great story! Seeing a movie that way is like flying first class, once you do you never want to go back! Most home theaters now days are far better than going to the Movies anyway.

It was great, and Rob is an extremely nice guy, Tyler worked with him before on The Devils Rejects and really likes working with him. I did get some pictures of what I call the "Pumpkin mask" , which I thought was just alright before seeing the movie, and now I love, it is the creepest thing (I do love the real Michael mask) but this is just to creepy in the film not to want one. I will try and get those pics downloaded soon and post them. As for the Michael Mask there were 6 made. Tyler, and the SFX guy each got one, and Rob took the other 4. It was in his storage so we stopped by to check it out but we were going to dinner so I didn't have my freakin' camera on me for that mask. I am going back before x-mas to visit them again and when I go I will take a few hundred pictures of the regular mask.:thumbsup

Here is the pumpkin mask - not too scary laying a desk, but in the movie, with Tyler wearing it, and with the lighting and in the context of the scene it is in, it really was one of the creepest looks.
I took a bunch of pics of it so I can get one made someday (unless I can talk Tyer into giving me his, but I don't think that will work, I have been trying to get him to give me the Wolverine Dogtag he took in the X-Men movie for years, but so far no luck. :rolleyes)
PM.JPG

Here is a pic of that mask from the trailer. And it is the same scene my wrist band is from.
:)
movie
PMask.jpg

Also this is from the film (and is shown several times) It makes a cool prop if you just print it up and weather it a bit. :)

MMpic.jpg

I think it is suppose to be construction paper. The screen used one is thick latex. It makes it rigid enough to hold it's "paper looking " shape, but allows the mouth to move position a bit. But no, the mouth is built in, not hinged in any way, and the cord is a shoe string.
Since it isn't likely I can talk Tyler into giving me his (I have been trying to get the screen used Wolverine dogtags from him for years LOL), I hope to make my own at some point, because I really like that mask.

I finally got around to printing up a copy of the picture (from the first page of this thread - Mikey and his little sister - As soon as I make it look a little old, I will post a picture of it. :)

Pretty cool idea with the photo...if the paper you printed the picture on is Fiber Base paper you can soak it in coffee and you will get a real cool aged look...you will have to let it sit for a few days but the result is worth the wait:love Chances are though its Resin paper in which case, just save the image to a thumb drive and take it to a one hour lab with Do It Yourself machines and use the Sepia option in the settings and you can achieve the same results.

~Kevin

It actually is dirty looking, but the camera flash made it look much brighter white. But even so I actually was thinking of doing that with the sepia tone (but just with Photoshop at my house) I figured I would wait until I got another look at the final version of the picture in the movie again so try and match the look better. It's not like I can't keep printing up more copies of the picture.:)

Thanks.
I am still trying to figure the best way to display the screen used hospital band as well.
I am really hoping that at some point I will find someone to make a copy the "pumpkin" mask for me. The ones on Ebay suck (they are not even close) and I managed to get some good hi-rez shots of the screen used one at Tyler's house (plus I could always ask him to send me more pics of it, I suppose.)
If I just had some talent I would make my own:eek Maybe I should quit being a wuss and give it a try.

Thanks for posting that picture.

I saw halloween a few days ago I loveed it rob zombie did a great job.The pumpkin mask has a scary look to it in the film.

Billy

Dude you need to go to www.michael-myers.net and sign up. Many of us are waiting for you there.

I found the Clown mask used by Little Michael- It's comes from a 1960's Collegeville Clown Costume.

This is my copy here.
clownfrontgj0.png

I also found the origins of the screenused costume. It was based on another Collegeville Clown costume.

They reversed the image, changed the polka dot size and locations, moved the lower ribbon border to the top, rotated the refractive marks in the eyes, and redid the squiggles around the clowns face in the center.

69753962_o.jpg

comparefo6.png

Mike of KreationX Studios recently made a pretty decent sculpt of the Pumpkin mask based on images offrom the film and the one you posted here. Us Myers freaks are still wondering if it construction paper glued to the surface of the latex mask- like a shell. Cause it looks like paper, or is it a thin film of latex attached to a latex support shell.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back