Review of Clothears Leia Boushh Helmet

Just added a review of the Clothears Boushh helmet, which arrived a few days ago...
2018_Boushh_Helmet_Clothears019.JPG
As many of you know there aren't a lot of choices out there for Boushh, and Altmanns aside, no Licensed companies have produced one yet.
2018_Boushh_Helmet_Clothears021.JPG
I think they've done a really amazing job with this. I ordered it in May and to be fair I don't know if any of the big companies would have delivered this in twice the time!
2018_Boushh_Helmet_Clothears015.JPG
..even the leather smells great
2018_Boushh_Helmet_Clothears029.JPG
Below a comparison against the screen-used helmet. I'll maybe look at ways to narrow that visor, but overall it looks pretty stunning imo. A very tough helmet to make - which probably partly explains why so few of them are around...
Comp_Orig_Clothears_Boussh.jpg

More info/pics on my site

Cheers

Jez

Man that's awesome! They really did do a great job. Always been one of my favorite costume designs, and one of my favorite helmets, hands down.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, yes a great helmet and the people at Clothears we’re very nice to deal with - regular updates and photos of helmet in progress helped to make the order process a lot more pleasant.

Im struggling to think we'll get a better Boushh than this given the only people likely to have access to the original (or the moulds used) would be scared off by the amount of effort needed to manufacture this. I can’t see a sweat shop factory in China turning these out! To be fair I’ve not seen many other fan-made Boushh's so there might be a producer out there doing similarly great versions. However Clothears stopped doing kits due to recasters, so it’s completed helmets only and in Clothears position id do the same thing.

Definitely worth a punt imo, plus the Pound is at the weakest level I’ve ever known so the $$$'s working in your favour.

Cheers

Jez

I'm utterly blown away by this review and pics, Jez. It looks so authentic!

As i couldn't find an "items for sale" so i've emailed them asking for a price for a finished Boussh helmet.....i really think i NEED one!

Rich

P.S. we definitely need more video reviews Jez, i miss them and rewatch all the old ones!

Clothears are amazing to work with! They're expensive BUT the quality and communication is second to none! I have their complete set of Boba Fett soft goods (flight suit, vest, gloves) and simply outstanding!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back