ZUCKUSS

GEEK1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, as you've guessed, I'm exploring the less famous bounty hunters. I'm well underway with 4-Lom and am working on Dengar too, but for now it's time for Zuckuss

Modelled the head in Zbrush...not too dissimilar to 4-Lom but actually different enough to need a new sculpt.

Bju9xvbl.jpg
XE0xg6Ll.jpg

Used Easylam resin sprayed on and then stippled as it cured with the compressor to get the mottled skin texture. Added the hoses and coated them with hot glue and latex. Just need to add the breather bottle.

I know the eyes are wrong...I'm working on them, I just modelled them like that to get a rough idea.

Not actually sure if he's a he or not. Apparently an actress - Cathy Munroe was inside the costume on ESB. Which explains the height and shape of Zuckuss, but I don't know if he's therefore supposed to be a female bounty hunter?

In the lore it is a "he" even though Cathy was inside for the movie.
For the eyes, the actual suit used bubble wrap. You can just leave the eyes like you have them and glue bubble wrap (small bubbles, not tiny) to the eyes.

Nice job on the model so far!

In the lore it is a "he" even though Cathy was inside for the movie.
For the eyes, the actual suit used bubble wrap. You can just leave the eyes like you have them and glue bubble wrap (small bubbles, not tiny) to the eyes.

Nice job on the model so far!

Actual bubblewrap? Hmm interesting

Quick update...got the eyes done. Yeah I read they used bubble wrap for the original eyes but it didn't look great for me so I stole an idea from another RPF member 'Skaught', who used drawer soft close pads...cheers dude.

qfKuv4yl.jpg

Last edited:
What the Zuck!...he's finished. I became very fond of dear old Zuckuss over the course of the build. I know he's a bounty hunting male Gand and all that but I think I see something a bit friendly about him compared to the other guys. Probably a bit of an underdog in the race to catch Solo and also a bit of a softee methinks

Anywho...here he is done

ctc5CU4m.jpg
J4tQ9f0m.jpg

After the head was done I modelled and printed a bespoke mannequin which I fibre glassed and filled with PU foam. They don't really sell short, chubby mannequins

The biggest hurdle really was the Kimono coat. not many reference pix of the real costume and a lot of variations with the 1/6 scale figures. In the end I went for a faux snakeskin leather painted with red/brown fabric paint. Pretty pleased with the result. Had to make up the pattern to sew it all together and put a zip in the back

The rest of the costume is a tan pleather with heavy grain which was all sewn and weathered.

Q7WFClzm.jpg

The 'Snare' gun was scratch built with a bit of 3d printing. The gloves are leather rigging gloves re-sewn for 2 fingers

gaJr6bKm.jpg

Back panel 3d printed with a few greeblies...and here he is

vIfoVLNl.jpg
IUrC6wKl.jpg

aIe6IZKl.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back