PS4 Spiderman--Electro Build

BulldogJackson

Hi guys,
I've been kind of lurking on this site for a while, learning knew things and creating others. I finally made an account because I found a cosplay that I want to take serious and make a good build out of and I figured you guys would be the best to help me along the way. After completing Spider-Man on PS4, I really fell in love with how Electro looked. I'm not that big a fan of Electro, but I love how the burn scars were the shape of his original mask, and how he wears pretty normal beaten up clothes with a harness.

I have a special effects make-up artist friend that works for Universal at Halloween Horror Nights who is helping me on the burn scars and I have everything in my cart for Max's basic clothes, but the problem I'm having to pinpoint is the harness. I was thinking of taking my old camelbak and some foam and just kind of creating my own harness around it, as the back of his harness has the shape of my small camelbak, where he seems to house a lot of his electricity. Is this a good idea? Or does anyone have a better idea on how I could craft his harness?

I think this might be a fun, good cosplay to start out with that will teach me a few things along the way. I can't wait to bring you guys on this journey and I appreciate all the help!

Thanks,
Bryce

Attachments

• 41510431_10205024532410616_4237973492298940416_n.jpg
    41510431_10205024532410616_4237973492298940416_n.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 3,360
  • IMG_3785.JPG
    IMG_3785.JPG
    643.2 KB · Views: 2,194
  • IMG_3787.JPG
    IMG_3787.JPG
    779.2 KB · Views: 427
  • marvels-spider-man-villains-electro-square-02-ps4-us-27jun18.png
    marvels-spider-man-villains-electro-square-02-ps4-us-27jun18.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 514
Great cosplay idea - has a lot of potential, without being overly complicated! I think EVA foam would be a great way to build it - the geometric, layered design practically begs for it :)
If you can build it around a camelback, that would probably be convenient. Personally I would think it would be tricky given the non-solid nature of a backpack, and I'd probably build it hollow out of eva foam, or cut out a rough shape from insulation foam to provide the shape, then cover that with EVA.

For the front part, if you're looking for ways to get that pattern in the recessed areas, you might be able to find a rubber drawer liner with a similar pattern. They're super cheap and a easy way to add texture to stuff (just need to test that paint will stick to it)

Just my 2 cents, others who are more experienced might have better ideas.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back