Rako Hardeen Build

toolguy301

Been working on a Rako Hardeen. All the hard pieces have been 3D designed by myself & printed through Shapeways. All the 3D printed parts were coated with Smooth On's XTC-3D, sanded, spot filled, sanded, primed, & painted or will be painted. Plan on doing all the sewing by modifying some patterns. I am pretty far along in the build at this point but will fill in up to where I am currently, so will be a long first post.
4NSB1u5.jpg

U2gnvEn.jpg

Designed the helmet & created a pep file to get sizing prior to having it 3D printed. Went through 7 different revisions before getting it 3D printed.
IbvBmF6.jpg

Pep build just to use as a template & sizing.
8ZfkySn.jpg

WKcmfQX.jpg

mK8EF2X.jpg

3D printed helmet. Was designed with internal bracing & attachment for hard hat suspension. Attachment method for the visor lens was also designed into the helmet.
Lgy5clj.jpg

sxWLvlV.jpg

D406tcL.jpg

Helmet is in primer & ready for paint. Completed the painting of the rangefinder.
T65SLdt.jpg

m4qI23h.jpg

3Jx3Z1T.jpg

UdHbrQv.jpg

All the armor pieces & chest badge were 3D printed. All the armor pieces were designed with attachment methods in mind either strapping or snaps.
932J9nA.jpg

IVl9Tmu.jpg

wZo0l7r.jpg

rmcPf4S.jpg

mE9LuSD.jpg

847xCmm.jpg

The parts that are grey/black/silver have been painted.
UIk5Rbn.jpg

gj4s3zI.jpg

Thermal detonator.
72SZkVv.jpg

sSJQ74o.jpg

Chest badge. The buttons were printed in white & red, these were just clear coated. Plan on adding lights to the badge. Also designed the vest clips which will be sewn into the vest & have magnets for attachment for a faux attachment method.
iaXWqvx.jpg

LTHJouO.jpg

KcvlDX4.jpg

a7Lzoi7.jpg

Sewing patterns to be used & modified.
jmSGHNf.jpg

Pepping the 2 blasters, the Westar 35 & the other. I created a 3D models for each using that to create a pep file. The Westar 35 is in the final stages.
4KzQ9kJ.jpg

DA3FKGm.jpg

txJsBng.jpg

818nJ12.jpg

AliL9j9.jpg

w97KO1F.jpg

kf1GYjB.jpg

MKtXvz0.jpg

Painted up the remainder of the armor plates; cod piece, shoulders, & knees.
3qKdz4Z.jpg

Helmet was based with a metallic silver & got the antique white painted. Used liquid latex masking to added the damage that I tried to get from reference photos.
7ydJXYg.jpg
UVG3opE.jpg

yoRrZZD.jpg
0NfDgIi.jpg

Added the yellow to the helmet.
mg2r6En.jpg
umgIXz3.jpg

PJNN919.jpg
YNHYfyZ.jpg

Mouth area painted. Now to dirty it up some with some washes to give it some proper weathering.
SKdEFCU.jpg
m2rRQ8g.jpg

Denim for the shirt & pants, faux suede & fur for the vest. Going to dye the pants with RIT Dye Martini Olive & Khaki Green. The vest will be Moon Mist. This will be my biggest challenge so far, sewing.
zcn140N.jpg

Added some washes of brown & black to dirty the helmet up & put a matte clear on.
POsjG0D.jpg
UU8Utru.jpg

qDa4lEw.jpg
S4BNshR.jpg

Catches up where things stand at this point, will continue to update.

Last edited:
I love this helmet. I will let you know right now that if you ever do a run for this, I'm in. Heck, I'll probably be in for a full set. Loved Rako Hardeen/ Obi Wan. That was such a fun story arc in TCW.

That is absolutely awe inspiring work that you habe done there! Love McQ Fett interpretation and am very curious to see this completed!

This is stunning work. Surprised it took this long to stumble on it. Looks amazing. Would love to have a helmet like that to work on.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back