Rian Johnson... Super Hack!!! Evidence included!

Dang. I knew I had seen that hologram gimmick before. If we search a little farther I am sure that we can find a movie that has a classic chase in a mirror cabinet or similar at the end.

Although I do not like TLJ at all and it really put a dent ìnto my love for Star Wars, and more importantly made my bonus daughter lose her interest in star wars, I somewhat liked that scene at first for feeling clever and fun. It was a showing of strength, a moment of "our hero still has it in himself to save the day!", just prior to seeing him die.

Strong action and positive, fun moments in contrast to emotional moments are IMO what made SW so successful. Lined up in the right order and executed on the right beat.

Where JJA IMO knows his stuff and cobbles it together in the right order and even on the right beats, RJ does not. TLJ felt like a classical concert where the musicians were excellent, but the conductor was completely off with his direction to the extent that the violins started to screech.

Sigh.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back