TLJ X-Wing Helmet padding made from Eva Foam? Please look!

ywingfighter

Sr Member
After the release of the TLJ Bluray I see a nice moment of an Poe X-Wing helmet from the Bonus disk which showed the padding of the helmet. If I searched on the web for materials that I can use to duplicate it and I think that the original padding is made from Eva foam but not sure. Please look here at the picture and tell me what you mean or another idea?
Thank you

Poe TLJ Helmet with padding.jpg

You're talking about the dark area in the back of the helmet on the right? I'm not sure what that is; it doesn't quite look like EVA foam to me. BUT, I do like the idea of using foam. The Hasbro helmet is really snug on me. I can either wear the removable fabric helmet liner with fake headphones, or my ears, not both. But if I removed the hard plastic liner and replaced it with foam, the fabric liner would probably also fit, along with my ears.

The foam you used on your other thread looks fantastic. Is that just a regular floor mat EVA foam? It doesn't look quite like the stuff I've seen around here.

Hi,
thank you for your reply. The material I used first are smooth on foam products. They looks great but I made it in 4 parts and you can see the transitions. So if I see the Bluray I was surprise how the original padding is made. I see in differend videos that Eva foam can sanding and form it with a headgun so maybe I can made a better version like the smooth on foam one :) And after remove the original parts from the Hasbro helmet it works perfect and you had enough room for your head.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back